Re: mikuni carbs

  • taylorrguk
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 18, 2008
      --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, petermholmes
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      I am attempting
      > > to clean my Mikuni carbs off the bike and need to know how
      > > to set the float level and to what specification. I have a
      > > 1996 Adventurer.
      >
      > Hi Sid,
      >
      > 1. Bike on level ground, turn tap off.
      > 2. Remove float chamber drain screw, drain fuel.
      > 3a. (Mikuni) Replace drain screw with adaptor 3880120.
      > 3b. (Keihin) Attach a length of fuel hose to drain point,
      > 4. Connect fuel gage 3880125.
      > 5. Hold gage vertically next to float bowl.
      > 6. Turn tap on.
      > 7. Fuel should be 1.5mm +/- 1mm above joint face.

      And now to answer the question Sid really asked, ;-)
      With float bowls off, hold the carbs up with the float hinge
      horizontal and uppermost, then rotate slowly until the float gently
      touches the needle valve on its seat. Measure from the joint face to
      the bottom of the float with a steel rule, take care to measure
      parallel, dimension should be 14.5mm. If not right, gently bend the
      little metal tab near the float hinge until it is.

      Richard T
    • abocchi@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 18, 2008
        Richard, you are the man!!!!!!!