Re: Intermittent screech

  • taylorrguk
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
      --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Mario Zarnich
      <sp33d3@...> wrote:

      > PS: I am an experienced mechanic,

      In that case, is it anything like a failing water pump bearing?

      Richard T.
    • Mario Zarnich
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
        It's soooo intermittent it's hard to locate, and the v/low miles/newness of this bike make me think it's not a dry bearing. Could be though, weird things happen.

        No joy finding any loose cr@p in the alternator, but in the test ride after checking the damn noise didn't recur.

        M.

        > Posted by: "taylorrguk" rgtay@... taylorrguk
        > Sun Jun 1, 2008 9:30 am (PDT)
        > In that case, is it anything like a failing water pump bearing?
        > Richard T

        Mario

        Top motorcycle service: www.geocities.com/speed3freaks
        Custom Triumphs: www.geocities.com/sp33d3