USED OR REBUILT STARTER / HORN PROBLEM

  • mtnrunjohn
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3 9:07 AM
      Need a used or rebuilt starter for a 2000 TBS. I am
      also having problems with the horn not working intermittingly,
      anh help would be appreciated.

      John Simpson
    • Gary L. Gavin
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3 10:02 AM
        It's been posted on other Triumph groups that starters and alternators can
        usually be rebuilt by someone who does work on car counterparts.

        My horn issues were related to the nut that mounts the horn to the chrome
        bell. Adding a split lock washer or replacing the nut with a nylock style
        nut will help. It seems to me that when that nut is tight it affects the
        horn. Remove the horn from the chrome bell and test it. I finally replaced
        it with an Fiamm horn that did the same thing once the mounting nut was
        tight.

        00 Tiger

        07 Mini Cooper S

        85 Ron Cooper (bicycle)

        Oahu, Hawaii

        _____

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4 8:15 AM
          greetings I had to replace the relay and get my starter rebuilt. At
          least it wasn't as bad as buying the $700 starter replacement. I go to
          a streetfighter/stunt ike repair shop they were able to use a (god help
          me) ford stater relay as the replacement.
          Guy
          ---- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "mtnrunjohn"