thanks, Washingtonians

  • bmax65
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 12:09 PM
      Thanks Washingtonians-

      Was just curious if anyone out there but me in this state ever liked
      those bikes....now I know.

      Worked for Cycle Barn about 6 years ago in the assembly department. It
      was cool seeing the shiny new Triumphs coming in..haha, I was the only
      one who liked them, everyone else was in love with the Big Four.

      Not in a big hurry to buy one, but would anyone know if the early ones
      (2 side pipes) command a premium over the later split pipe ones?

      Always thought that was a big mistake on Triumph's part to get rid of
      the sidepipes, it just made for a really unique looking bike. I've
      heard you'd have to change that whole back subframe to make those pipes
      happen- correct?

      Safe rides to to all, keep the shiny side up.

      Brian
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2 7:03 AM
        > I've heard you'd have to change that whole back subframe to make
        > those pipes happen- correct?

        You'd have to at least do some cutting, welding, and painting. The
        footpeg mounts and the exhaust mounts are different.