Curiousity-any members in Washington State

  • bmax65
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 29, 2008
      Greetings,

      Had a few questions-

      Just wondering if there are any members in Washington State.

      If so, where do you go for parts, service- any places with a good
      recommendation?

      And lastly, if anyone knows- about what do TBS's go for in this part of
      the country? I have not seen one in a long time...see lots of
      Bonnevilles, Scramblers, Americas, Speedmasters, Rockets...

      But it's been ages since seeing a TBS, T-Bird, Legend, Adventurer.

      Thanks again for your time, and any and all comments.

      Brian
    • cpallenjr
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
        Hi Brian, I'm from Seattle.... I have a 2004 TBS I bought in Portland
        last summer. I paid book price for it (with 60000 miles on it and in
        excellent stock condition w/ a couple of accessories).

        Watch craigslist and autotrader, they pop up every now and then. I've
        seen a couple of good deals on e-bay, until you factor in the
        shipping and additional risk of buying something like that sight-
        unseen.

        Courtney

        --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, bmax65
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > Had a few questions-
        >
        > Just wondering if there are any members in Washington State.
        >
        > If so, where do you go for parts, service- any places with a good
        > recommendation?
        >
        > And lastly, if anyone knows- about what do TBS's go for in this
        part of
        > the country? I have not seen one in a long time...see lots of
        > Bonnevilles, Scramblers, Americas, Speedmasters, Rockets...
        >
        > But it's been ages since seeing a TBS, T-Bird, Legend, Adventurer.
        >
        > Thanks again for your time, and any and all comments.
        >
        > Brian

      • cpallenjr
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
          Oh yeah service and parts - there's Cycle Barn in Lynnwood and I-90
          Motorsports in Issaquah, but I try to do my own basic service and buy
          only parts there (should say ORDER parts there because they rarely
          have anything in stock). They are pretty bulletproof bikes. I've
          bought accessories on line and 2nd hand.

          Courtney

          --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "cpallenjr"
          <cpallenjr@...> wrote:

          > Hi Brian, I'm from Seattle.... I have a 2004 TBS I bought in
          Portland
          > last summer. I paid book price for it (with 60000 miles on it and
          in
          > excellent stock condition w/ a couple of accessories).
          >
          > Watch craigslist and autotrader, they pop up every now and then.
          I've
          > seen a couple of good deals on e-bay, until you factor in the
          > shipping and additional risk of buying something like that sight-
          > unseen.
          >
          > Courtney
          >

          > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, bmax65
          > <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Greetings,
          > >
          > > Had a few questions-
          > >
          > > Just wondering if there are any members in Washington State.
          > >
          > > If so, where do you go for parts, service- any places with a good
          > > recommendation?
          > >
          > > And lastly, if anyone knows- about what do TBS's go for in this
          > part of
          > > the country? I have not seen one in a long time...see lots of
          > > Bonnevilles, Scramblers, Americas, Speedmasters, Rockets...
          > >
          > > But it's been ages since seeing a TBS, T-Bird, Legend, Adventurer.
          > >
          > > Thanks again for your time, and any and all comments.
          > >
          > > Brian

        • Bruce Blair
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
            Hi

            I'm in W. Seattle with a '98 TBS yellowbird.

            Currently it's idle until I get to work fixing the alternator death rattle.

            Bruce