fly screen question

  • atlantajaguarfan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2008
      hey TBS owners,

      I have a question about fly screens.

      I'd like to get the standard black fly screen for my 98 TBS. There's one at British Customs but
      it's for the 03 model. Will it work for the 98 model?

      Also, the easy alternative for me is the National Cycle fly screen, because mine already has
      one of those. I'd probably go for a dark tinted one now though. Does anyone have a link to
      the flyscreen that would fit my bike? I just want to sharp, small one like on the Thruxtons.

      Thanks!

      Bill
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 9, 2008
        That one will work

        Thank You,
        Denny

        >I'd like to get the standard black fly screen for my 98 TBS. There's one at British Customs but
        >it's for the 03 model. Will it work for the 98 model?
        >
        >Thanks!
        >
        >Bill

      • Bill Bill
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 9, 2008
          thanks, denny!

          --- Denny <dennyhenderson@...> wrote:

          > That one will work
          >
          > Thank You,
          > Denny
          >

          > >I'd like to get the standard black fly screen for
          > my 98 TBS. There's one at British Customs but
          > >it's for the 03 model. Will it work for the 98
          > model?
          > >
          > >Thanks!
          > >
          > >Bill

          Be a better friend, newshound, and
        • atlantajaguarfan
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2008
            Hey fellow TBS owners, just wanted to share my thoughts on the National Cycle Fly Screen. I
            ordered the dark tinted screen with chrome plate for mine (see link) and it looks fantastic.
            Very sharp with my red and black TBS. When I get some pictures I'll post them.

            http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/large_photo?
            mv_session_id=5NYCxFvs&mv_arg=N2544&search_model=tr%2d003

            It's listed for the Bonneville but it works great for the TBS. I had the National Cycle hardware
            already, so all I needed was the screen and chrome plate. I can't tell you how much of an
            improvement the look is over the untinted screen with black plate. But that's just my opinion.

            Thanks for reading.

            Bill (98 TBS)