Re: [T TBS R] Re: top speeds?

  • Bill Bill
    Message 1 of 30 , Jan 8, 2008
      just realized the discussion was about top speeds in
      general, not just on a TBS. Sorry, brain is not
      functioning correctly.

      --- Bill Bill <atlantajaguarfan@...> wrote:

      > 140 on a tbs? wow. I'd like to know about your
      > mods. NOt sure i want to go that fast but it would
      > be cool to know i have the capability. :)
      >
      > Guy <goodnuph@...> wrote:
      > my budz call me crazy but i've done 140+ on 2
      > ocasions
      > I was great--once was with a bunch of squids on the
      > Belt park way
      > around Brooklyn, N.Y.
      > the other was on the Grand Central Parkway late at
      > night coming from
      > Brooklyn to queens following a stealth black
      > Ferrari---we were doing
      > 135mph at time--then we accelerated to 140+---then
      > he downshifted
      > and left me like my bike stopped.
      > Now that was fun for me.
      > but usaully i don't drive faster than my heart can
      > beat which is
      > around 80-90 normally-since I'm anemic
      >
      > --- In
      > triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Denny
      >
      > <dennyhenderson@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Yep, more like 1.45 Tons of Fun!!
      > >
      > > --On January 4, 2008 5:13:29 AM +0000
      > petermholmes

      > triple?
      > > >
      > > > Nope, but I'd bet they're a ton of fun. :)
      > > >

      > > Thanks,
      > > Denny

      > removed]

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
    • Guy
      Message 2 of 30 , Jan 10, 2008
        hi
        a larger drive sprocket and drilled pipes on 93 octane gas K&N
        airfilter
        --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Bill Bill

        ______________
        > Be a better friend, newshound, and

      • whirling person
        Message 3 of 30 , Jan 18, 2008
          --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "David"
          <moulin6801@...> wrote:

          > 100-120 mph correct!? NOT km/h !?? It is hard to believe... What
          > are the RPM when given 110mph + on this bike?? I guess I am just
          > not riding on bikes that keeping hight RPM is ok.
          > Thanks
          > David

          David- I've got an 03 with TORs, but otherwise stock. I'm usually
          only around 6-7k in 5th breaking 100mph. The powerband is at like
          7200 (iirc?) on these bikes, thats very much ok. :)

          I've pushed it to 115 and the bike has lots more in it I can tell, no
          problem. The mountain roads in Western Washington give you lots of
          places to open it up, and lean over in a long turn at 95+, and when
          you come out of those. . . yeah. . .keep your chest on the tank when
          you open her up. ;)

          Man, I can't wait for spring.

          > > These are great bikes for the long haul at higher speeds.... 100-
          > 115 with no strain on the engine... depending upon your set up... IE
          > Windshield, Saddle bags 115-120 the ride may be a bit unstable as
          > the wind eddies around the bike...
          > >
          > > Jetted and clean (not wind shield or bags; wind screen) She'll
          > top 140... but I do not recommend it unless you are a very
          > experienced rider... pot holes, rocks,crap on the road can take you
          > down quicker than....
          > >
          > > Look for a few bike events in your area and if they are held at
          > a track... It can be an a amazing ride on a a race way... Bring
          > the proper gear (or purchase while you are there), there are a few
          > that offer lessons for sport riders; beginners, experience,
          > advanced...
          > >
          > > back to the basics 85-100 these bikes will run fine... The TBS
          > (6 speed) will run at a slightly lower RPM than the Adventurer (5
          > speed).... Note: I do not recommend riding distances over 100... our
          > road ways have to much crap on them in the US.... Now if you are
          > traveling out west....
          > >
          > > Taking a riders course local; I highly recommend, from the
          > beginners to intermediate... Our bikes have a higher center, if you
          > can master the curves (at slower speeds) on a tripple....
          > >
          > > Have a great New Year!
          > >
          > > Terry Ginn
          > > 2001 Adventurer
          > > Kent, Ohio
          > >

          > > Bill Bill <atlantajaguarfan@> wrote:
          > > I've done 110 mph but don't tell my wife
          > > --- Wayne Baker <connorblk@> wrote:
          > >
          > > > I have had my 98 TBS up to 125 then lost my nerve
          > > > (our roads here in
          > > > Alaska can have some rough patches) I also have
          > > > pulled some pretty steep
          > > > hills at around 110 nothing like blasting around
          > > > motor homes at high
          > > > speed...

          > > > yet...

        • Guy
          Message 4 of 30 , Jan 21, 2008
            AS FAR AS LONG DISTANCE HI SPEED RUNNING, these bikes are built
            mostly for those euro autobahn/autostradas and whatever they call
            them over there.
            I've traveled over 300 miles at around 85 -115 the whole ride only
            stopping every 100 miles for gatoreade, gas,and body functions.
            THESE MOTORS ARE OVERBUILT AND UNDERUTILIZED.
            just like the old UJMS of the late 70" to 90's before they became
            specialized machine.

            Guy

            --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "whirling