Re:the 3into3 is calling me...

  • atlantajaguarfan
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 15, 2007
      Hey Mario, does your friend have any pics? I bet we'd all love to see
      that bike. Anyway thanks for the encouragement. I'm pretty excited
      about it. And I can't wait to tell my neighbors ha ha. Bill

      --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Mario Zarnich
      <sp33d3@...> wrote:

      > A friend of mine (also in Atlanta) has a black TBird with the chrome
      d&d 3-3 system. It not only looks great (the bike is all black and
      chrome - very classic, very tough) it sounds freakin awesome!
      Super-loud, and it makes the bike a hoot to ride. These bikes are not
      real fast but that loud exhaust makes even fairly sedate cruising
      around a cacophonous thrill ride. Makes the bike sounds/feel like
      you're doing a million miles an hour, all the time. Brilliant,
      thoroughly recommended. Good luck finding a set.

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 15, 2007
        > Hey TBS owners, do you ever get tired of your bike? I don't! I feel
        > pretty dang lucky to have mine.

        I don't either. '00 with Triumph offroads and a '99 with the D&D
        three into three here. 37K miles of TBS ownership and I'm still in
        love with this bike.
      • Mario Zarnich
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 16, 2007
          I've got some pics of it on the Atlantan Triumph club website (www.ratlantans.com), unfortunately that site is down at the moment due to some technical problems with the host. It should be back up pretty soon to, so I'll post a link to them then.

          PS: You won't have to tell your neighbors, they're gonna hear you coming.

          Mario

          >Hey Mario, does your friend have any pics? I bet we'd all love to see >that bike. Anyway thanks for the encouragement. I'm pretty excited >about it. And I can't wait to tell my neighbors ha ha. Bill

          Mario

          Top motorcycle service: www.geocities.com/speed3freaks
          Custom Triumphs: www.geocities.com/sp33d3

          Atlanta GA's RAT Pack: www.Ratlantans.com

        • Bill Bill
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 17, 2007
            I'd love to have two of them. I think the 00 model is
            really nice looking.

            Does anyone know how the d and d 3 into 3 compares
            sound wise to the Emgos? My Emgos are pretty loud.
            Just wondering if I'm buying for the looks alone of
            the 3 into 3 or is there a difference sound and
            performance wise.

            Thanks.

            --- petermholmes <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            > > Hey TBS owners, do you ever get tired of your
            > bike? I don't! I feel
            > > pretty dang lucky to have mine.
            >
            > I don't either. '00 with Triumph offroads and a '99
            > with the D&D
            > three into three here. 37K miles of TBS ownership
            > and I'm still in
            > love with this bike.

            Be a better friend, newshound, and
          • Bill Bill
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 17, 2007
              OH btw, you can save about $150 or so on a new system
              if you call 1 (800) 990-BIKE. I found them on e-bay.
              They don't show the 98, 99 models listed but they can
              get them. Use part number 900 22M. You can get them
              for $699.95. Just a heads up. Every penny counts! Bill

              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 17, 2007
                > Does anyone know how the d and d 3 into 3 compares
                > sound wise to the Emgos? My Emgos are pretty loud.

                Let's just say the D&D setup can't possibly be quieter.
              • atlantajaguarfan
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 19, 2007
                  Peter,

                  does the 3 into 3 interfere with the use of a center stand? I have a center stand on my bike.
                  Thanks!

                  Bill

                  --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, petermholmes <no_reply@...>
                  wrote:

                  > > Does anyone know how the d and d 3 into 3 compares
                  > > sound wise to the Emgos? My Emgos are pretty loud.
                  >
                  > Let's just say the D&D setup can't possibly be quieter.

                • John Nathan Urbanek
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 19, 2007
                    I have the dnd's on mine, I don't believe you can have both. Dnd's are fantastic!

                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 19, 2007
                      I have D&D's on my 98. I have the 200 and up pipes on my bike and a centerstand. I had to make a new bracket to attach to the passenger peg.
                      In order to clear the centerstand the pipes are rotated slightly outward, so they do not hug the bike like they would without the centerstand.
                      I am not sure how that would work with the pipes that are made for the 98 - 99 bikes. the main difference is that the mufflers angle more upward on the 98 - 99.

                      Thank You,
                      Denny

                      On Wednesday, December 19, 2007, at 04:21PM, "John Nathan Urbanek" <triumphthunderbirdsport@...> wrote:
                      >I have the dnd's on mine, I don't believe you can have both. Dnd's are fantastic!

                    • Bill Bill
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 19, 2007
                        Thanks very much, Denny. Everyone have a Happy Holiday
                        season. Bill

                        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                      • Mario Zarnich
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 21, 2007
                          The site is finally back up, check out this pic, and the next one in the album:

                          http://www.ratlantans.com/phpwebsite/index.php?module=photoalbum&PHPWS_Album_id=2&PHPWS_Photo_op=view&PHPWS_Photo_id=63

                          Cheers

                          Mario

                          Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 19:08:04 -0800 (PST)
                          From: Mario Zarnich <sp33d3@...>
                          Subject: Re:the 3into3 is calling me...
                          To: triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 23, 2007
                            Hey Denny, how did you rotate the pipes outward to avoid the
                            centerstand? Thanks, Bill

                            --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Denny
                            <dennyhenderson@...> wrote:

                            > I have D&D's on my 98. I have the 200 and up pipes on my bike and a
                            centerstand. I had to make a new bracket to attach to the passenger peg.
                            > In order to clear the centerstand the pipes are rotated slightly
                            outward, so they do not hug the bike like they would without the
                            centerstand.
                            > I am not sure how that would work with the pipes that are made for
                            the 98 - 99 bikes. the main difference is that the mufflers angle
                            more upward on the 98 - 99.

                            > Thank You,
                            > Denny
                            >

                            > On Wednesday, December 19, 2007, at 04:21PM, "John Nathan Urbanek"
                            <triumphthunderbirdsport@...> wrote:
                            > >I have the dnd's on mine, I don't believe you can have both. Dnd's
                            are fantastic!

                          • atlantajaguarfan
                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 23, 2007
                              thanks, mario!