Re: '99 TBS turn signal issues

  • dleinheardt
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 27, 2007
      I had the same exact situation -- changed my left rear bulb and a week
      or so later all four indicators went on me. Fuse is fine.

      Once I've located the relay, what's next? Is it easy to determine if
      the relay is bad?

      Thanks...

      DL

      --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, kc10a_chief
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Norm,
      >
      > The relay is located under the fuse block under the right side cover.
      >
      > Steve C.
      >
      > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Norm"
      > <normb1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > My right rear turn signal bulb was out, could not find an identical
      > > bulb, so I used an 1186 which is just a LITTLE bit too tight and will
      > > not fit in the housing properly. I got it in and just returned from a
      > > 300 mile trip and realized that NONE of my turn signals were working.
      > > Took off the cover and saw the bulb worked its way lose again.
      > >
      > > Checked the TS fuse, seems OK, but I have NO turn signals on either
      > > side now. Suggestions? Is there a relay or anything else I should
      > look
      > > for?
      > >
      > > alohanorm
      > > the OC

    • Norm Bour
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 27, 2007
        This light bulb/ relay thing seems to be a bad symptom. Any feedback from
        any that have run into it would REALLY be appreciated.

        Norm

        I had the same exact situation -- changed my left rear bulb and a week
        or so later all four indicators went on me. Fuse is fine.

        Once I've located the relay, what's next? Is it easy to determine if
        the relay is bad?

        Thanks...

        DL

        --- In triumphthunderbirds
        <mailto:triumphthunderbirdsportriders%40yahoogroups.com>

      • abocchi@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 27, 2007
          Sometimes you need to change all the bulbs at once with same brand bulb, something about resistance.

          Sid

          -------------- Original message from "dleinheardt" <dlrock@...>: --------------

          <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > Norm,
          >
          > The relay is located under the fuse block under the right side cover.
          >
          > Steve C.
          >
          > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Norm"
          > <normb1@> wrote:
          > >
          > > My right rear turn signal bulb was out, could not find an identical
          > > bulb, so I used an 1186 which is just a LITTLE bit too tight and will
          > > not fit in the housing properly. I got it in and just returned from a
          > > 300 mile trip and realized that NONE of my turn signals were working.
          > > Took off the cover and saw the bulb worked its way lose again.
          > >
          > > Checked the TS fuse, seems OK, but I have NO turn signals on either
          > > side now. Suggestions? Is there a relay or anything else I should
          > look
          > > for?
          > >
          > > alohanorm
          > > the OC

        • Gary L. Gavin
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 28, 2007
            I've only used bulbs for replacement in Honda/Kawasaki bikes. Always
            purchased at my dealer. I've always taken the dead bulb with me for show n
            tell. Sorry I can't add any more.

            00 Tiger

            07 Mini Cooper S

            85 Ron Cooper (bicycle)

            Oahu, Hawaii

            _____

            This light bulb/ relay thing seems to be a bad symptom. Any feedback from
            any that have run into it would REALLY be appreciated.

            Norm

            <mailto:triumphthunderbirdsportriders%40yahoogroups.com>
            portriders@yahoogroups.com
            [mailto:triumphthunderbirds
            <mailto:triumphthunderbirdsportriders%40yahoogroups.com>
            portriders@yahoogroups.com

            I had the same exact situation -- changed my left rear bulb and a week
            or so later all four indicators went on me. Fuse is fine.

            Once I've located the relay, what's next? Is it easy to determine if
            the relay is bad?

            Thanks...

            DL

            --- In triumphthunderbirds
            <mailto:triumphthunderbirdsportriders%40yahoogroups.com>
            portriders@yahoogro <mailto:portriders%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com,
            kc10a_chief

            portriders@yahoogro <mailto:portriders%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com, "Norm"