Re: '99 TBS turn signal issues

  • kc10a_chief
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 26, 2007
      Norm,

      The relay is located under the fuse block under the right side cover.

      Steve C.

      --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Norm"
      <normb1@...> wrote:

      > My right rear turn signal bulb was out, could not find an identical
      > bulb, so I used an 1186 which is just a LITTLE bit too tight and will
      > not fit in the housing properly. I got it in and just returned from a
      > 300 mile trip and realized that NONE of my turn signals were working.
      > Took off the cover and saw the bulb worked its way lose again.
      >
      > Checked the TS fuse, seems OK, but I have NO turn signals on either
      > side now. Suggestions? Is there a relay or anything else I should
      look
      > for?
      >
      > alohanorm
      > the OC

    • dleinheardt
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 27, 2007
        I had the same exact situation -- changed my left rear bulb and a week
        or so later all four indicators went on me. Fuse is fine.

        Once I've located the relay, what's next? Is it easy to determine if
        the relay is bad?

        Thanks...

        DL

        --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, kc10a_chief
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Norm,
        >
        > The relay is located under the fuse block under the right side cover.
        >
        > Steve C.
        >
        > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Norm"
        > <normb1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > My right rear turn signal bulb was out, could not find an identical
        > > bulb, so I used an 1186 which is just a LITTLE bit too tight and will
        > > not fit in the housing properly. I got it in and just returned from a
        > > 300 mile trip and realized that NONE of my turn signals were working.
        > > Took off the cover and saw the bulb worked its way lose again.
        > >
        > > Checked the TS fuse, seems OK, but I have NO turn signals on either
        > > side now. Suggestions? Is there a relay or anything else I should
        > look
        > > for?
        > >
        > > alohanorm
        > > the OC

      • Norm Bour
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 27, 2007
          This light bulb/ relay thing seems to be a bad symptom. Any feedback from
          any that have run into it would REALLY be appreciated.

          Norm

          I had the same exact situation -- changed my left rear bulb and a week
          or so later all four indicators went on me. Fuse is fine.

          Once I've located the relay, what's next? Is it easy to determine if
          the relay is bad?

          Thanks...

          DL

          --- In triumphthunderbirds
          <mailto:triumphthunderbirdsportriders%40yahoogroups.com>

        • abocchi@bellsouth.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 27, 2007
            Sometimes you need to change all the bulbs at once with same brand bulb, something about resistance.

            Sid

            -------------- Original message from "dleinheardt" <dlrock@...>: --------------

            <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > Norm,
            >
            > The relay is located under the fuse block under the right side cover.
            >
            > Steve C.
            >
            > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Norm"
            > <normb1@> wrote:
            > >
            > > My right rear turn signal bulb was out, could not find an identical
            > > bulb, so I used an 1186 which is just a LITTLE bit too tight and will
            > > not fit in the housing properly. I got it in and just returned from a
            > > 300 mile trip and realized that NONE of my turn signals were working.
            > > Took off the cover and saw the bulb worked its way lose again.
            > >
            > > Checked the TS fuse, seems OK, but I have NO turn signals on either
            > > side now. Suggestions? Is there a relay or anything else I should
            > look
            > > for?
            > >
            > > alohanorm
            > > the OC

          • Gary L. Gavin
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 28, 2007
              I've only used bulbs for replacement in Honda/Kawasaki bikes. Always
              purchased at my dealer. I've always taken the dead bulb with me for show n
              tell. Sorry I can't add any more.

              00 Tiger

              07 Mini Cooper S

              85 Ron Cooper (bicycle)

              Oahu, Hawaii

              _____

              This light bulb/ relay thing seems to be a bad symptom. Any feedback from
              any that have run into it would REALLY be appreciated.

              Norm

              <mailto:triumphthunderbirdsportriders%40yahoogroups.com>
              portriders@yahoogroups.com
              [mailto:triumphthunderbirds
              <mailto:triumphthunderbirdsportriders%40yahoogroups.com>
              portriders@yahoogroups.com

              I had the same exact situation -- changed my left rear bulb and a week
              or so later all four indicators went on me. Fuse is fine.

              Once I've located the relay, what's next? Is it easy to determine if
              the relay is bad?

              Thanks...

              DL

              --- In triumphthunderbirds
              <mailto:triumphthunderbirdsportriders%40yahoogroups.com>
              portriders@yahoogro <mailto:portriders%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com,
              kc10a_chief

              portriders@yahoogro <mailto:portriders%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com, "Norm"