Re: oil and oil changing

  • vwvvi
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 4, 2007
      Hey John
      where do you get the K&N filter? Coming down for the RAT meeting on
      Tues? I might even ride, although the frost in the morning over the
      'Hat causes me concern. Doesn't seem to bother Mike though, he must be
      tougher than I am :-)
      vern....

      --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "John"
      <j.a.bennett@...> wrote:

      > I use Mobil 1 V-twin 20-50 synthetic from Canadian Tire. Change it in
      > November when I put her away for a few months. My 03 TBS has 36k kms
      > on her and runs like a dream!
      > Filter is K&N KN-192 comes with the correct o-rings etc. and is more
      > available as the closest dealer is 200km's away. Can't remember the
      > price, but it would be real close to the Triumph part.
      > John
      >
      > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com,
      > <emeraldman1973@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Norm, I swear by Amsoil mc oil 10w-40 (synthetic). Amsoil invented
      > synthetic oil. It is about $28 a gallon. Some say to use the factory
      > 15w-50, but as this is a water cooled motor, I feel it is
      > unnecessary. I have a 98 TBS w/ 36K. I change the oil once a year, in
      > the fall. Keith

    • John Bennett
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 4, 2007
        Hi Vern!,
        I won't be down for the meeting. Though the sidecar cafe sounds like "the spot". Mike isn't tougher he has that one piece suit and a smaller brain. Ha Ha..
        I get the filters through Harbour city Motor sports in town. They need to order them. I am sure they can be ordered in by any auto K&N dealer too.