Drilled drain plug

  • kc10a_chief
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2007
      I'm looking for a source for a drilled oil drain plug and a fill plug
      either drilled or one I can drill. The local track has new rules and
      I'd rather not drill my OEM stuff. Any suggestions or links would be
      greatly appreciated!

      Steve C.
      99 TBS
    • Courtney
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2007
        There some information on replacement drain pugs in this article

        http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-technical-articles/triumph/oil/tbsoil
        .htm

        Gary Grave, C.G. Enterprises Automotive Inc. <http://www.cgenterprises.com>
        , Quality Products for the Fast Lube Industry. Phone 1-800-565-9743; Fax
        1-866-645-5823

        "CG Enterprises part number 1085 is an M14, 14mm x 1.5 thread pitch drain
        plug, with a thread length of 14.85mm, a 17mm hex head and a shoulder
        diameter of 24.8mm."

        You would need something of a different design for a fill plug, or maybe
        braze a tab on an original style replacement. The above company has some
        larger transfer case, differential, and transmission plugs that match the
        threads.

        Courtney in Seattle