Re: pipes etc.

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
      > a) is 'blueing' of the header pipes normal on these bikes ?

      Yep.

      > b) I noticed a 'ticking' from the front of the engine at and just
      > off idle - anything to worry about ?

      These things have naturally very noisy engines. If applying an
      electrical load (hit the brake) makes the just off idle noise go away,
      you've got the infamous loose alternator bolt problem. Other than
      that, if it makes you nervous have a competent mechanic check the
      valve clearances etc.
    • Norm Bour
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
        Got a '99 TBS myself, just shy of 20K miles and it's been flawless. Just put
        a chain and sprockets on and learned the value of ongoing maintenance. The
        pipes do blue and I agree the engines do make a little more noise that you
        would expect, almost sewing machine sounds, but with ear plugs it purrs!
        Ride safely.

        alohanorm
        The OC