Re: carb swap

  • findus2day
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2007
      Hi, We actually changed the ignitor to the Daytona Super3 item which
      required a short adaption loom as well - be warned, the connections
      are completely different. If you are going for the full Super 3 spec
      you might be dissapointed by the mid range as there is somewhat of a
      trade off for top end gain, not always what riders of the classics
      might desire.

      One other point that you should also know that has probably fallen
      off the radar these days is these older motors can suffer from oil
      surge due to insufficient baffling in the sump (during high rates of
      accelleration) causing oil starvation, a simple modification
      overcomes this. If you want some pictures and info on what is
      required just drop me an email to Graeme@....

      Cheers
      Graeme
      www.Thunderbike.co.nz