Brake light/signals with solo seat

  • Pete
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2007
      I've got a yellow '98 TBS with the solo seat and am trying to clean up
      the look of the back end by removing the rear fender and associated
      lighting. I've seen a few pics of other TBSs with this done and was
      wondering what parts were used for the turn signals and brake lights.
      I also like the look of the back end of the Harley Nightster with no
      taillight - using the turn signals as the brake lights also. Anybody
      tried to do this?

      Lastly, I'm trying to decide on black or chrome for Napolean bar end
      mirrors. Any pros or cons? Thanks all.

      Pete
    • Alec Gore
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2007
        I used a Lucas-type Meriden Bonny light unit on my old T-bird -
        see www.alecgore.com/thunderbird.html

        There was a German TBS website with lots of examples on. The
        link I had is broken now, but you could try Google. Of course,
        there's always Mecatwin, if you are loaded www.mecatwin.com

        Regards

        Alec
      • Wayne Baker
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 5, 2007
          Alec that looks sharp I was kicking around getting one of those tail
          lights for my TBS or maybe one of the old Sparta types. How was the
          install I know the holes may be different but did the new light cover all
          of the old mounting holes or did you have to do any filling. I really like
          the turn signals I may have to look around for a set here.
          Cheers
          Wayne

          --- Alec Gore <e-mail@...> wrote:

          > I used a Lucas-type Meriden Bonny light unit on my old T-bird -
          > see www.alecgore.com/thunderbird.html
          >
          > There was a German TBS website with lots of examples on. The
          > link I had is broken now, but you could try Google. Of course,
          > there's always Mecatwin, if you are loaded www.mecatwin.com
          >
          > Regards
          >
          > Alec
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Take Care
          Wayne
          "Whenever I feel blue I start breathing again."

          http://sims.yahoo.com/
        • Alec Gore
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 5, 2007
            Wayne

            You need to cut a rectangle-shaped hole for it and then weld in
            a back plate for the light unit. The original mudguard on the
            T-bird has a ridge line that gets in the way of the Lucas light
            unit. Think that would be the same for the TBS too.

            Regards

            Alec
          • Wayne Baker
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 5, 2007
              Thanks Alec I took a look tonight and there is a flat spot on my Sport
              under the tail light. I remembered to look after the ride. It was such a
              good run I almost forgot to check.
              Wayne

              http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC