CArb retune and set reupholstering

  • Guy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2007
      greetings all

      first the question>
      I have a set of 48mm flat slide carbs and was wondering if anybody else
      installed them on their bike, and ifso please yell me what size jets,
      needles and pilot screws did you use and what was gained and what was
      lost performance wise.

      Now sugestion for the seat--I smiply went to the local auto
      reuphosterer for new saddle foam and a 2 tone cover--then reshaped it
      to fit me with a large carving knife and many trials to get the foam
      comfortably modified for me and passenger.

      I guess Triumph was short sighted in not realizing many a possible
      new rider might overlook the TBS since the seat was uncomfortable in
      the showroom they probably went on to anothrer model or brand for a
      stclassic/standard looking motorcycle.

      I also cut down the rubber biscuits btween the seat amd fra,e rails to
      lower the mid and rear portion of the saddle. to prevent the passenger
      from sliding foward and pushing me into the gas tank and at 52 years
      old the pain takes a little longer to reach the brain but it still
      hurts worse becausehealing takes longer (more time out the saddle wink,
      wink).

      To be perfectly honest I would've taken a Suzuki V-Strom 1000 if they
      were on sale the year I was shopping for my new bike, and it's still on
      a very short list when it's time for aa new bike.

      I must say the new Triumoh Tiger is on that same short list as well.
      I heard triumoh is developing a new bike that'll be between the ricket
      3 and their 1050cc bikes. I can wait to see what they produce, maybe a
      1500cc triple with the Speedmaster profile and shaft drive.something
      more like a BMW/k12-Yamaha xj1300-Kawasaki concours type--in both naked
      and faired versions.

      I like my bikes like i like my women: in a bikini otr naked and ready
      for exciting fun.

      And to the female riders of the group No offense is intended with that
      last comment.

      Guy
      y2k TBS
      '78 'zuki GS750E