RE: [T TBS R] New Tires For My '95 T-bird

  • Norm Bour
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
      I have the Bridgestones, absolutely fantastic with over 10K miles so far.
      They're almost ready to be replaced, but have had no issues.

      alohanorm
      The OC
      '99 TBS

      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2007
        I'm with you, Norm. Had a BT-014 on the front and a - 010 on the back - brilliant! Lasted forever, too.

        More grip than one will ever need on public roads.

        Cheers,

        Richard.

        Message 3 of 11 , May 6, 2007
          Thanks to all who responded. I bought the 205's and
          the bike handles like a dream.
          My next project is to replace the clutch. 11 grand on
          the clock and I am out of freeplay on the clutch
          lever. I think it is clutch plate time. i have done
          this on other bikes. I know I can run to the dealer
          for plates but does anyone have suggestion where I
          can get plates on line. Have Hayes manual but any
          other dos and don'ts?

          Thanx,

          JimBo
          --- Niles Reichardt <nlr@...> wrote:

          > I am currently running D220 on my TBS and like them
          > just fine. They
          > look to be a very similar tire to the 205. I really
          > liked the Met
          > Z4's but went with the Dunlops when they were
          > discontinued, and have
          > no regrets.
          > On Apr 30, 2007, at 5:08 PM, jim Bousman wrote:
          >
          > > Has anyone had any experience with Dunlop 205's on
          > > T-bird. I
          >
          > Niles Reichardt, DVM
          > Laboratory Information Systems Manager
          > Washington Animal Disease Diagnostic Lab
          > (509) 335-2409
          > nlr@...

          > removed]

        • taylorrguk
          Message 4 of 11 , May 9, 2007
            --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, jim Bousman
            <jimbousman@...> wrote:

            > My next project is to replace the clutch. 11 grand on
            > the clock and I am out of freeplay on the clutch
            > lever. I think it is clutch plate time. i have done
            > this on other bikes.

            You've wasted you time & money if you have!
            If the plates are u/s after 11k, you've either been drag racing or
            you've a more serious transmission problem! First try just replacing
            the clutch fluid, and make sure all the air is bled out?

            Richard T.
          • John
            Message 5 of 11 , May 9, 2007
              Wow!! I have 32000 km on my TBS and the clutch is great. Someting
              wrong there.
              John

              --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "taylorrguk"
              <rgtay@...> wrote:

              > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, jim Bousman
              > <jimbousman@> wrote:
              >
              > > My next project is to replace the clutch. 11 grand on
              > > the clock and I am out of freeplay on the clutch
              > > lever. I think it is clutch plate time. i have done
              > > this on other bikes.
              >
              > You've wasted you time & money if you have!
              > If the plates are u/s after 11k, you've either been drag racing or
              > you've a more serious transmission problem! First try just replacing
              > the clutch fluid, and make sure all the air is bled out?
              >
              > Richard T.

            • Gary L. Gavin
              Message 6 of 11 , May 9, 2007
                My TBS has 92k miles on the original clutch. From what I understand
                hydraulic clutches don't need adjustment, it's handled by the fluid. When
                the clutch plates have worn you will notice engine revs increasing but not
                your speed.

                If you have a clutch cable as my Tiger does then you have to adjust the
                freeplay in the cable. If you don't adjust it, so I am told, over time the
                clutch plates prematurely wear as it did to my Tiger but before I bought it.
                Still, that didn't happen till something between 30 and 40k miles!

                00 Tiger

                07 Mini Cooper S

                85 Ron Cooper (bicycle)

                Oahu, Hawaii

                _____

                Wow!! I have 32000 km on my TBS and the clutch is great. Someting
                wrong there.
                John

                --- In triumphthunderbirds
                <mailto:triumphthunderbirdsportriders%40yahoogroups.com>