Can't loosen bolts

  • jasonj_j
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2007
      I'm trying to remove the alternator but the bolts won't budge. Any
      suggestions. Have already used some WD-40, but nothin.

      Jason
    • taylorrguk
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2007
        --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "jasonj_j"
        <jasonj_j@...> wrote:

        > I'm trying to remove the alternator but the bolts won't budge. Any
        > suggestions. Have already used some WD-40, but nothin.

        Remove fuel tank & carbs (if not already off)
        Apply some heat to the cases in the area the screws go into.
        Attack with an impact driver, using the correct torx bit and adaptors.

        The factory insist on assembling everything dry, so impact is often
        needed to release the steel screws from the alloy. I always use copper
        grease for assembly.

        Richard T.
      • jasonj_j
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007
          Thanks Richard,

          Do you know if it is a clockwise turn to remove or a counter
          clockwise as I know sometimes British bikes are reverse?

          Thanks,

          Jason

          --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "taylorrguk"