Re: Triumph Magazine

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 19, 2007
      LoneStar BMW Triumph in Austin has about the best reputation in Texas.
      They are always chosen Best Euro Dealer in Texas in Ride Texas
      Magazine's annual survey.

      I am from Houston and I could not seem to work with the Houston Triumph
      Dealers. I went to Lone Star and bought a 2005 Tiger back in August
      2004. I also took it back for the first Service and asked them to
      install a Pro-Oiler chain oiler for me. They estimated about 2 hours
      for installing the Oiler. I was there all morning and half the
      afternoon and it took them probably 5 or more hours labor to install
      the oiler. They charged me for 2 telling me they would not charge for
      their learning curve.

      -
      --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "amosbush"
      <amosbush@...> wrote:

      > I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Have no experience with the
      > local dealers other than buying parts. Would be interested in any
      > feedback about any dealers in Texas.
      >
      > Thanks
    • south_texas_polar_bear
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 14 6:10 PM
        Lone Star Triumph in Austin has done work on my '98 TBS and '00 Trophy
        with great results. (Just be prepared for a good wait.)

        As others have posted, normal maintenance and minor repair, such as
        replacing the coils on my TBS does not require a dealer, but I feel
        pretty comfortable with Lone Star doing other things I don't have time
        to do or lack the tools.

        I did not have a good experience with just trying to buy parts at the
        dealer in Triumph dealer in Plano.