98 TBS for sale

  • wbj76z
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 15, 2006
      Hello, I wanted to leave so additional information about the TBS for
      sale. I live in Dover, DE. I have recently moved and the motorcycle is
      in a friends garage. I mistated the mileage, I took pictures yesterday
      and the mileage is 3,500. That is correct, she is still like new. The
      price is $4,000. I can be reached by e-mail wbj76z@... or call 302-
      379-2827. I love the bike but never ride. I am self employed, just
      relocated, and have my first newborn. I am hoping to find someone that
      can ride and enjoy the bike. I will try and post pictures on the photo
      section or I can send them e-mail at request. Thanks Billy
    • krudoy14
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 15, 2008
        Black and Yellow 98 TBS with 18600 miles just serviced and extras. I
        hate to sell it but things have changed. $4200.00 The bike is in Chicago
      • grificonius
        Message 3 of 17 , May 25, 2009
          I'm selling my lovingly customized 'Bird for all the usual reasons no one wants to hear (growing family, no time to ride, too many hobbies). I'm in York, Maine, its on craigs list:

          http://maine.craigslist.org/mcy/1188749603.html

          I hope nobody's offended I posted in the group, just figured I'd give you guys the heads up first. I've enjoyed the forum and the bike immensely.

          Grif
          Message 4 of 17 , May 26, 2009
            Sell the wife and kids and keep the bike. ;)
          • Guy
            Message 5 of 17 , May 28, 2009
              Don't sell the wife and kids--and defrinately don't sell the bike--THAT ALONE COULD CAUSE DIVORCE, (frustration is a fem dog in heat).
              And remember-if she really gets on your nerve she'll thinnk twice with the bike parked in the garage with a small luggage rack and saddle bags.

              Message 6 of 17 , May 28, 2009
                Just her knowing you have an emergency escape vehicle is enuff to keep ehr in check.

                --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, petermholmes <no_reply@...> wrote:

                > Sell the wife and kids and keep the bike. ;)

              • Todd Luchette
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 22, 2013
                  After 14 years, somewhat reluctantly, I am selling my 98 tbs. Any suggestions on selling would be appreciated. I've only posted it on craigslist so far.

                  1998 with 55K. Well maintained, always garaged and kept clean and protected with S1 products.

                  http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/mcy/3757826385.html

                  Cheers,

                  Todd

                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 22, 2013
                    I think someone will get a Bargain.

                    Are you a member at Triumphrat.net?

                    That would be a good place to list it.

                    Also advrider.com

                    Cheers,
                    Denny

                    On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 16:29:27 -0700, Todd Luchette digitized the
                    following:
                    > After 14 years, somewhat reluctantly, I am selling my 98 tbs. Any
                    > suggestions on selling would be appreciated. I've only posted it
                    > on craigslist so far.
                    >
                    > 1998 with 55K. Well maintained, always garaged and kept clean and
                    > protected with S1 products.
                    >
                    > http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/mcy/3757826385.html
                    >
                    > Cheers,
                    >
                    > Todd

                  • SFPoppa4u
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 23, 2013
                      Dude, I am soo tempted by your TBS. However, it would be hard to justify having two. Correction. It would be easy to justify having two, just not rational. And one so close as I am in SF.

                      +1 for Triumphrat.net. and ADRider.com

                      Cheers,
                      LabRat

                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 25, 2013
                        > It would be easy to justify having two, just not rational.

                        Nonsense! My '00 TBS was and is for relaxed riding days, my '99 TBS with D&D 3 into 3 (since replaced with an '09 Street Triple R) was for hooligan days.

                        See? Wasn't that easy? ;)
                      • SFPoppa4u
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                          Sure, that was easy. Note that you have since moved on to a Street Triple R. I am inclined likewise.
                          Cheers

                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                            I have no intention of getting rid of the '00 TBS. It's far too nice an all purpose street bike.

                            I've been tinkering with the suspension settings on the ST3R quite a bit, trying to get that nice mixture of ride and handling that the TBS does so effortlessly. I'm getting closer, but I doubt that they'll ever be on par with each other. The Street is, by nature, a very hyperactive bike.

                            > Note that you have since moved on to a Street Triple R.
                            > I am inclined likewise.
                          • Todd Luchette
                            Message 13 of 17 , May 3, 2013
                              Cleaning out some leftover parts from my tbs that sold last week. I've got some knee and tank pads on eBay right now and will be listing a stock seat in excellent condition, my original stock silencers and some other misc parts.

                              Cheers,

                              Todd

                              98 tbs no more
                              On Apr 27, 2013, at 9:24 PM, Todd A Luchette <luchette@...> wrote:

                              > Keep an eye out for it, it's up there now.
                              >

                              > On Apr 23, 2013, at 8:02 AM, SFPoppa4u wrote:
                              >
                              >> Dude, I am soo tempted by your TBS. However, it would be hard to justify having two. Correction. It would be easy to justify having two, just not rational. And one so close as I am in SF.
                              >>
                              >> +1 for Triumphrat.net. and ADRider.com
                              >>
                              >> Cheers,
                              >> LabRat
                              >>
                              >> --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, Denny <dennyhenderson@...> wrote:
                              >> >
                              >> > I think someone will get a Bargain.
                              >> >
                              >> > Are you a member at Triumphrat.net?
                              >> >
                              >> > That would be a good place to list it.
                              >> >
                              >> > Also advrider.com
                              >> >

                              >> > Cheers,
                              >> > Denny
                              >> >
                              >> > On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 16:29:27 -0700, Todd Luchette digitized the
                              >> > following:

                            • rickkemp_aspen
                              Message 14 of 17 , May 4, 2013
                                Looking for a set of stick silencers for a 99 TBS. Any out there? Rickkemp@...

                                Sent from my iPhone

                                On May 4, 2013, at 12:20 AM, Todd Luchette <luchette@...> wrote:

                                > Cleaning out some leftover parts from my tbs that sold last week. I've got some knee and tank pads on eBay right now and will be listing a stock seat in excellent condition, my original stock silencers and some other misc parts.
                                >
                                > Cheers,
                                >
                                > Todd
                                >

                                > 98 tbs no more
                                > On Apr 27, 2013, at 9:24 PM, Todd A Luchette <luchette@...> wrote:
                                >
                                >> Keep an eye out for it, it's up there now.
                                >>

                                >> On Apr 23, 2013, at 8:02 AM, SFPoppa4u wrote:
                                >>
                                >>> Dude, I am soo tempted by your TBS. However, it would be hard to justify having two. Correction. It would be easy to justify having two, just not rational. And one so close as I am in SF.
                                >>>
                                >>> +1 for Triumphrat.net. and ADRider.com
                                >>>
                                >>> Cheers,
                                >>> LabRat

                              • yamaya
                                Message 15 of 17 , May 4, 2013
                                  Hi Todd,

                                  I would be interested by your parts, especially Silencers & seat, not yet
                                  available on eBay?

                                  Thanks.

                                  Alan

                                  Message 16 of 17 , May 4, 2013
                                    I'll try to get those posted today. I've got to figure out the shipping thing.

                                    Sent from my iPhone

                                  • Todd Luchette
                                    Message 17 of 17 , May 4, 2013
                                      The parts are up. Seller name is tluchette.

                                      Thanks,

                                      Todd