Re: Winterizing

  • dleinheardt
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2006
      Thanks, John... and to run carbs dry I just turn gas valve to OFF and let bike run till it
      stalls?

      --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "jaben03tbs" <j.a.bennett@...>
      wrote:

      > Hey DL,
      > Here is what I do:
      > Change oil and filter
      > Fill gas tank and add sta-bil
      > run carbs dry
      > add 10 psi to each tire (or ut up on stands)
      > hook up my Battery Tender (not a trickle charger)
      > Go in the house and pout for a couple of months.
      > Hope that helps!
      > If I missed anything I am sure some one will pick up on it.
      > John B.
      >
      > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "dleinheardt"
      > <dlrock@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Is there a previous post or file on this blog that someone can
      > point me to that details any
      > > special advice/instructions on how to winterize the TBS?
      > >
      > > Thanks very much.
      > >
      > > DL

    • jaben03tbs
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2006
        Yes, valve off and run it until it stalls. Technically with the sta-
        bil it should be O.K. with fuel in the carbs, but better safe than
        sorry. These carbs are not fun to get off to clean!!
        John