3 into 1 Exhaust System

  • Richard J. Gough
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 15 11:14 AM
      I have a 98 T-Bird Sport and I'd like to convert the stock system to a
      3 into 1. Does anyone know of a manufacturer of such a system. Does
      anyone have used set for sale?
    • Guy
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 15 4:52 PM
        I was oold the other sets from the Speed 3 will fit it's just getting
        the muffler to mount up
        --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J.
        Gough" <goughrj@...> wrote:

        > I have a 98 T-Bird Sport and I'd like to convert the stock system to
        > 3 into 1. Does anyone know of a manufacturer of such a system. Does
        > anyone have used set for sale?

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 19 7:32 AM
          > > 3 into 1. Does anyone know of a manufacturer of such a system.

          Check out this site!

          http://www.thunderbike.co.nz/sales/3into1/chromemuffindex.htm

          Paul
        • britboy1970@aol.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 19 9:24 AM
            d and d sells a 3 into 3 sys.
            i bought one for mine about 3 years ago....$1500.00 though

            > > 3 into 1. Does anyone know of a manufacturer of such a system.

            Check out this site!

            http://www.thunderbike.co.nz/sales/3into1/chromemuffindex.htm

            Paul

          • Pete Twissell
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 22 12:23 AM
              Hi Paul,

              The system is stainless but is missing the outer wrapper from the can. I believe this was a carbon fibre lookalike and was damaged in a crash. I got the system with the bike, but I've never fitted it.

              Pete.

              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 22 5:32 AM
                Hi Pete,

                Any chance of a photo? Do you know if it will fit an 04 TBS? How much?
                You can email me direct if you like!

                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 22 5:55 AM
                  I'll take a photo tonight. My TBS is a '97 so the can sits high on the right side of the bike. You'd need to check the passenger footrest position.

                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 22 7:17 PM
                    > I'll take a photo tonight. My TBS is a '97 so the can sits
                    > high on the right side of the bike. You'd need to check the
                    > passenger footrest position.

                    FWIW the passenger footrest got lowered on the '00 models and stayed
                    that way through the end of the run in '04.
                  • jcatbert45
                    Message 9 of 19 , Aug 28 4:23 AM
                      I remember when this guy was developing this system ... even the sound
                      bite sounds awesome ... wish I could afford one. Nice agressive rubmle
                      with no blatt blatt blatt.

                      > Check out this site!
                      >
                      > http://www.thunderbike.co.nz/sales/3into1/chromemuffindex.htm
                      >
                      > Paul
                    • Paul
                      Message 10 of 19 , Aug 28 5:58 AM
                        > > Check out this site!
                        > > http://www.thunderbike.co.nz/sales/3into1/chromemuffindex.htm

                        > I remember when this guy was developing this system ... even the sound
                        > bite sounds awesome ... wish I could afford one. Nice agressive rubmle
                        > with no blatt blatt blatt.

                        Yes it is a good sound and even better is the stainless system, check out the video clip on the
                        dyno, the one on the right. BUT I emailed them over a week ago to ask if it would fit an 04
                        TBS and I still haven't got a reply!
                      • Alec Gore
                        Message 11 of 19 , Aug 28 9:32 AM
                          Paul

                          Unusual - email findus2day@... (I've cc'd this for you)

                          Message 12 of 19 , Aug 28 12:31 PM
                            Thanks Alec, I'll try that.

                            > Unusual - email findus2day@... (I've cc'd this for you)
                          • jasetb
                            Message 13 of 19 , Aug 28 1:44 PM
                              --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Paul"
                              <blackdragonf6@...> wrote:

                              > > > Check out this site!
                              > > > http://www.thunderbike.co.nz/sales/3into1/chromemuffindex.htm
                              >

                              >Hi Paul,

                              Jason here from Thunderbike Sorry you have not had a reply to your
                              message, we do try to reply to all messages within 48 hours but
                              lately we have been having all sorts of problems with not receiving
                              messages that we should luckily another group menber passed on your
                              message ( Thanks Alec)

                              The pipe you have seen on our website does fit the 04 TBS in fact
                              both our pipes do!

                              If you require any more information plesae do not hesitate to contact
                              me at tbproducts@...

                              Thanks
                              Jason.
                            • jasetb
                              Message 14 of 19 , Aug 28 2:04 PM
                                <blackdragonf6@...> wrote:

                                > Thanks Alec, I'll try that.
                                >

                                > > Unusual - email findus2day@ (I've cc'd this for you)

                                Hi Paul,
                                Jason Here from Thunderbike Alec alerted us to your problems trying to
                                get a response from us
                                We do try and reply to all messages within 48 hours but we are missing
                                a significant number of messages ( we are working on getting this fixed)
                                But I am glad to say that YES both of our pipes will fit the 04 T Bird
                                Sport
                                If you need any information at all please contact me at
                                tbproducts@...

                                Thanks
                                Jason.
                              • jasetb
                                Message 15 of 19 , Aug 28 8:21 PM
                                  <blackdragonf6@...> wrote:

                                  > > > Check out this site!
                                  > > > http://www.thunderbike.co.nz/sales/3into1/chromemuffindex.htm
                                  >

                                  > > I remember when this guy was developing this system ... even the
                                  sound
                                  > > bite sounds awesome ... wish I could afford one. Nice agressive
                                  rubmle
                                  > > with no blatt blatt blatt.
                                  >

                                  > Yes it is a good sound and even better is the stainless system,
                                  check out the video clip on the
                                  > dyno, the one on the right. BUT I emailed them over a week ago to
                                  ask if it would fit an 04
                                  > TBS and I still haven't got a reply!
                                  Hi Paul,

                                  Jason Here from thunderbike
                                  Both our systems will fit the 2004 TBSport no problem
                                  sorry you did not get a reply to your e mail we are working on
                                  finding out what happens to the reasonably high number of e mails we
                                  do not seem to be receiving.

                                • jcatbert45
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Aug 29 5:29 PM
                                    Oh the sweet sweeeeeet sound but yikes, they ain't cheap.

                                    1,200.00 NZD New Zealand Dollars = 773.327 USD United States Dollars

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Aug 29 10:49 PM
                                      Compared to Triumph OEM replacement headers and mufflers, that's not bad!

                                      --On August 30, 2006 12:29:04 AM +0000 jcatbert45

                                    • pickwickian51@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Aug 29 11:24 PM
                                        My no longer available Staintune system was over 1k USD. I'd say that it's
                                        a fair price for a polished stainless steel system. I didn't go with D&D
                                        because it wasn't full stainless and down the road it would suffer the fate of
                                        the OE system. That being rusting out.

                                        00 Tiger
                                        02 Mini Cooper
                                        85 Ron Cooper (bicycle)
                                        Oahu, Hawaii

                                      • Alec Gore
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Aug 30 12:27 AM
                                          It's not expensive by world prices. It's just that the
                                          Bush-dollar isn't worth very much anymore! ;^) He'll probably
                                          manage to get it back to the old, old days of the (5 shilling) 4
                                          dollars to the pound sterling at the rate he is going. Hard to
                                          believe that in 30 years it's gone from 1.2 to 1.9 to the pound!
                                          Great for UK earners though..

                                          Regards

                                          Alec