Re: [T TBS R] Re: '98 TBS for sale, NYC

  • pickwickian51@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 28, 2006
      The photo section has been closed for sometime. Yahoo has a limit on the
      space it can take up and our group has filled it up.

      I suggest that you contact the seller directly, not through the group, and
      have images sent to you.

      00 Tiger
      02 Mini Cooper
      85 Ron Cooper (Bicycle)
      Oahu, Hawaii

    • Tozser
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 29, 2006
        What colour is the TBS ??
        Im looking for a bike my kids can come on toots with us .
        Cheers Toz

        --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com,
        pickwickian51@... wrote:

        > The photo section has been closed for sometime. Yahoo has a limit
        on the
        > space it can take up and our group has filled it up.
        >
        > I suggest that you contact the seller directly, not through the
        group, and
        > have images sent to you.
        >
        > Gary
        > 98 Thunderbird Sport
        > 00 Tiger
        > 02 Mini Cooper
        > 85 Ron Cooper (Bicycle)
        > Oahu, Hawaii

      • TERRY GINN ADVERTISING
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 30, 2006
          Just back from Wetzel MC rally in Ohio, starter on my Adventurer 01 went out. started to turn over,then a loud "metallic" Clang. After that starter makes a cronching /grinding noise. Had to push start in 3 gear. Road 230 miles back... just kept enigine running while refilling.

          Investigating how much work and time is in replacing the starter....Has anyone had this problem before?

          Thanks in Advance,

          Terry Ginn
          01 Adventurer
          Kent, Ohio

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 30, 2006
            Although I've not experienced this it sounds like the sprag clutch.

            triumphrat.net has several postings about replacing the sprag clutch, just
            search for sprag there and you should find all the info you need.

            --On July 30, 2006 11:39:20 AM -0700 TERRY GINN ADVERTISING
            <tginnadv@...> wrote:

            > Just back from Wetzel MC rally in Ohio, starter on my Adventurer 01 went
            > out. started to turn over,then a loud "metallic" Clang. After that
            > starter makes a cronching /grinding noise. Had to push start in 3 gear.
            > Road 230 miles back... just kept enigine running while refilling.
            >
            > Investigating how much work and time is in replacing the starter....Has
            > anyone had this problem before?
            >
            > Thanks in Advance,
            >
            > Terry Ginn
            > 01 Adventurer
            > Kent, Ohio

          • Bartholomew Steinhorn
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 31, 2006
              Terry,

              The starter on my 00' TBS just went and Triumph (GreatBay) wanted $500+
              for a new one. I had mine rebuilt for around half that price but the
              dealer I used sent it out directly so I don't know the name of the
              outfit that rebuilt it. If you need the name I can get it for you. I
              live in NYC.

              Separate Thread

              Tires: Like the other NYC rider I am also running Dunlops and find them
              to be good tires. All tires take a beating in NYC because the roads are
              criminal (massive pot holes, grates, metal plates, etc) so I never get
              that many miles out of them. I have heard a lot of other riders really
              like the new Avons. They will be my next set.

              Bart

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
                It seems have become the victim of a bad sprag clutch assembly.

                The local dealer is telling me 2 weeks before he can look at it... maybe 4
                weeks without the Adventurer.

                2001 Adventurer with 10,000 miles...and the sprag clutch assembly is bad.
                I've read that individuals have gotten Triumph to replace the assembly at no
                charge. If I tear down the bike myself... whom do I contact at Triumph to
                "apply" for a No cost replacement. There are two Service Bulletins
                regarding the problem. I would like to get it here before I start the
                job...

                Thanks for any help in advance!

                Regards,

                Terry Ginn