RE: [T TBS R] more horse power on my tbs

  • Pete Twissell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 23, 2006
      The TBS engine is restricted at the airbox and exhaust. Treat your motor to a free flowing exhaust system (Triumph 'off road' cans are a good start). Next, drill a couple of 1-1/2" holes into the rear face of the filter box (the airbox nearest the carbs) and replace the filter with a free flowing one. You'll need to go up on main jets and pilot screw adjustment. Get the bike onto a Dyno to establish jet sizes.

      Have fun,

      Pete

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 23, 2006
        I have put a 4 deg advance plate on mine , made quite some difference.. that
        and a dyno jet system for the carbs and a K & N filter made improvements .
        The exhaust on mine is next .
        > Hi, i am looking for info on ways to get more horsepower any ideas?
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > --

      • Richard Fenner
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 23, 2006
          Daytona Super III pistons, Super III CDI, off road cans, junk the airbox,
          K&N filters and rejetting equals 90 bhp at the back wheel on the dyno.

          Thanks, mon ami!!

          ;o)

          Richard.

          >I have put a 4 deg advance plate on mine , made quite some difference..
          >that
          > and a dyno jet system for the carbs and a K & N filter made improvements .
          > The exhaust on mine is next .

        • Chuck
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006
            I originally went the S3 cam and off road can route, along with
            modified airbox and rejettting. That was good, but lacked power low
            compared to stock. I next had the Daytona 750 pistons installed
            (12:1 compression) and that brought it up to 88 hp at stock redline
            with the hp curve still heading up sharply. I am guessing the S3
            igniter and higher redline would take it to 92-95hp, but that is
            strictly a logical guess based on the hp curve on the dyno. Jetting
            was somewhat of a pain and took several dyno runs, but she is great
            now. I also installed the 4 degree ignition advance plate at the
            same time as the daytona pistons, so hard to tell which did what.
            The last mod I did was go to a one tooth smaller front sprocket
            which really helps her scoot more like a Monster 1000, which I was
            seriously considering trading for. It did seem to increase
            vibrations at higher rpm range more than stock however, and I am
            going back to the stock front sprocket and up 3 on the back in the
            next month or so. Sorry I haven't posted in a while, moved from
            Oregon to New Mexico and still working too much!!!

            Chuck
            98 TBS
            (and wavering between a DL650 and the new Scrambler, decisions,
            decisions!)

            --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "Richard
            Fenner" <rfenner@...> wrote:

            > Daytona Super III pistons, Super III CDI, off road cans, junk the
            airbox,
            > K&N filters and rejetting equals 90 bhp at the back wheel on the
            dyno.

            > Thanks, mon ami!!
            >
            > ;o)
            >
            > Richard.