Sprint Comfort Seat

  • mtnrunjohn
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2006
      I am considering going with this seat for my 00 TBS. Does anyone
      have a different opinion of this seat other than what I have read,
      or any other seat suggestions.

      Thanks,
      John Simpson
    • mech228
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 28, 2006
        I have just bought a custom seat from CMS in Coventry. I had the original converted to a solo seat with gel inserts for about £185 it looks great and is so comfortable you can ride all day with no problems!
        --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "mtnrunjohn" <jsimpson@a...> wrote:

        > I am considering going with this seat for my 00 TBS. Does anyone
        > have a different opinion of this seat other than what I have read,
        > or any other seat suggestions.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > John Simpson

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 7 , May 27 8:46 AM
          If any of you guys in the States want a Sprint Comfort Seat but don't want the long delay and
          expense of sending your seat to the UK, did you know they sell it in kit form? The kit
          comprises of the pre-shaped foam and cover, all you need is a staple gun. It's real simple to
          fix (I've just done mine) and takes less than an hour.

          This seat is so much more comfortable than stock, but you should be aware that it is about
          an inch higher for the rider and maybe 2 inches for the passenger. For me, at 6' 1", that's a
          bonus as I find my legs are a bit cramped with the stock seat. It does mean you are leaning
          forward a little more, which I also find better, especially at speed. The extra leg room is also
          good news for the passenger. The only downside is the backrest of the sissy bars is that
          much lower in relation to the seat.
          Message 4 of 7 , May 30 6:19 AM
            Great info, Paul. Wish I'd know that when I had my seat converted.
          • arieldunwright
            Message 5 of 7 , May 30 5:38 PM
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
                > "£72.34 for foam/cover kit + approx £42 air post. Prices in pounds."
                > (£72.34 = $135.87, £42 = $78.88 Total $214.75)

                In other words...ship it surface mail. :)
              • mtnrunjohn
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 10, 2007
                  I just had the cover and foam mounted to the pan and after
                  some riding, the seat is not living up to its name. We guessed
                  on shaping the faom to match the pan, but obvoiusly were wrong.
                  Any suugestions or guidence from those who did their own would
                  be much appreciated

                  John Simpson