Hello!

  • tickytbird
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 20, 2005
      After much searching, I have just bought a very clean 1997 red TBS
      with 6900 mile on her. Just a shame it's -7 outside. Hey ho!

      Any top tips for keeping her clean over the winter/storage etc.

      Me and a friend are looking to tour the west coast of France next
      summer, any TBS owners on the west coast? I can speak a little French.
    • Scot
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 20, 2005
        Hey Ticky:

        Welcome to the fun! This bike is probably a '98 model, since there
        were no '97 TBS's made. I imagine the production date is from late
        1997?

        Scot Dail
        Charlotte RAT
        http://www.queensrats.cjb.net

        --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "tickytbird"
        <tickytbird@y...> wrote:

        > After much searching, I have just bought a very clean 1997 red TBS
        > with 6900 mile on her. Just a shame it's -7 outside. Hey ho!
      • Administrator
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2005
          I got corrosion on my 98 TBS within the first few months. Since then,
          I've used S100 Anti-Corrosion spray and my bike is virtually free of
          corrosion. I also have a marine grade anti-corrosion spray that works
          very well, but it has a thicker finish that has a tacky feel.