Anyone Have Parts?

  • eawtbs98
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 9, 2005
      I had a get off on my TBS, was wondering if anyone may have some
      parts they would think of selling.
      Looking for stock bars and ends, turn signals, off road or stock
      pipes, stock mirrors or low bar mirrors, and head lamp ring. Any
      parts
      or help locating would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to miss
      the
      rest of the riding season.
      Any parts that may not be stock, but known to work would also help
      get the TBS back on the road.

      Thank you in advance for any kind of help, Eric
    • chris griffin

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 10, 2005
          Grif, I'm interested in all of it. My risers and controls are all
          fine. Right side of bars got tweaked, and right mirror broke, right
          turn signal broke, pipes are just scuffed up. If you have bars,
          mirrors, signals, and pipes that will give me everyhting I need to be
          back on the road. Only thing left will be a ding in the tank.
          Anyway, I came over a hill into a blind left hand 90 degree turn to
          find a flagman and their truck in my lane in the middle of the turn.
          I also most got completely stopped, but at the edge of the road. As I
          dropped over the edge of the pavement the bike blopped over.
          I have off road pipes on my bike now, if I drill out the stocks do
          you know if I will have any running problems? The bikes carbs were
          set for the off road pipes.
          Do you like the bar ens mirrors?
          And, any chance you could send me an email with pics of the parts,
          and how you would prefer payment and shipping etc.

          Thank you very much, Eric

          --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, chris griffin
          <grificonius@y...> wrote:
          > I've got the stock bar (not with risers), signals, mirrors and
          stock pipes. $90 for the lot--all in great shape from my '98 before I
          modified it at 5k. The bar ends have been drilled out for barend
          mirrors which I also have an extra set of if you want those instead
          of the stock ones.

          > What happened to your bike?
          >
          > Grif in Maine 03909
          >
          > eawtbs98 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > I had a get off on my TBS, was wondering if anyone may have some
          > parts they would think of selling.
          > Looking for stock bars and ends, turn signals, off road or stock
          > pipes, stock mirrors or low bar mirrors, and head lamp ring. Any
          > parts
          > or help locating would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to miss
          > the
          > rest of the riding season.
          > Any parts that may not be stock, but known to work would also
          help
          > get the TBS back on the road.
          >
          > Thank you in advance for any kind of help, Eric

          Service.

        • chris griffin

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 11, 2005
              > I have off road pipes on my bike now, if I drill
              > out the stocks do you know if I will have any
              > running problems? The bikes carbs were set for the
              > off road pipes.

              The carburetion should certainly be close to correct. I drilled out
              stock Thunderbird pipes and put them on my Legend and to make it run
              really well we had to richen the mixture.
            • eawtbs98
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 11, 2005
                Thank you, Chris and Peter for your help.

                Eric

                -- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, petermholmes