Re: Fork seals

  • arieldunwright
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 8, 2005
      I replaced my fork seals last summer. I did it almost all myself,
      although I don't consider myself to be a good wrench. I did have a
      friend at work make a plastic tube to use as a drift to "press" in the
      new seals. I had to take both tubes to the dealer for disassembly
      because I could't loosen the screw that holds the valve cartridge in
      place. It would just turn both screw and cartridge until they hit it
      with an impact wrench. All they charged me was a couple ice cream
      sandwiches.
      Lew
      '98 TBS, Yeller