8651RE: [T TBS R] chain and sprockets

  • Rick Korchak - webBikeWorld
    Jun 1, 2004
      I'm about to change mine, I ordered all the parts but Triumph supposedly is
      backordered on the gasket and seal that are necessary to complete the job.
      As soon as I get all the parts together, I'll do the work and planned on
      writing it up as a tech article.

      I bought two rear sprockets, a 43 tooth (stock) and 42 tooth just for kicks.
      I bought the JTF sprockets and a DID chain. The front sprocket was $22.33,
      rears were $43.77 each and the 530V-110 X-ring chain was $101.58. I bought
      a chain breaker also ($27.95). Apparently, we need a couple of bolts, a
      seal, the gasket for the cover and a few other misc. parts. I also bought a
      new chain guide rubber thingy -- mine's been shot for several thousand
      miles.

      I've been waiting for the gasket and seal for 24 days now, I'm in no rush,
      so it's ok.

      Rick.

      Rick Korchak
      http://www.webbikeworld.com
      A planet full of motorcycles, motorcycle accessories, clothing, helmets,
      reviews and more!