14973RE: RE: Want one...any advise?

  • geoffwaite
    Dec 2, 2013

      +1  ha ha.  My wife took one ride on my 99 TBS when I bought it 7 years ago and swore "never again".  She's perfectly happy all day on my old Tonti Guzzi

      ---In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Welcome to the group, Sandy.

      Be aware that those beautiful upswept pipes come with pillion seating that has been described as "gynecological".  A 2000 or newer will make your significant other much happier if s/he rides with you.  Other than that?  Their all an absolute hoot!  Best all round street bike I've ridden (and currently my other ride is a 2009 Street Triple R).

      ---In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, <sandyyoungphoto@...> wrote:

      Good morning all,
      Just joined the group.
      I am in Scotland

      Have been without a bike for 6 months now and although I wanted a Triumph didn't want a brand new one or a old one, but love the look of the TBS which I have decided on.

      Just looking on any advise when buying, what to look out for that sort of thing.
      Think I have narrowed it down to a 98 or 99, Love the up swept pipes and alloy wheels.
      I have seen one on the internet for £3900 with 18k miles?

      Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic