14964Re: [T TBS R] RE: Want one...any advise?

  • jim Bousman
    Dec 1, 2013
      Sandy,
      Great choice in bikes.  I have a '95 (first year here in the states) I bought it with 10K and now have 22K on the clock.  As far as things to look for, yes the sprat church is an issue. More so with the '95 than the '98 or '99.  The newer bike is easier to fix.  Listen for any "clacking" sound when the starter first turns over.  If it turns over smoothly then you are OK. As far as any other things to look for, just look at the normal wear points like tires, chain, fork seals, and general condition.  The TBS is a solid bike easily capable of 100K miles with the proper care.  Good Luck

      On Sunday, December 1, 2013 7:45 AM, "klr650nut@..." <klr650nut@...> wrote:

      I think you must have very good tastes in moto's. I have  a (* with the off road pipes and spoked wheels.  I think the only think to watch out for, and I'm not sure how, is the sprag clutch that will cost a ton if needing the cases split to repair.  I think if there are any issues with starting, engagement vs smooth,  I'd watch out.  Weird, I just had a dream about going to Glasgow!

      ---In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, <sandyyoungphoto@...> wrote:

      Good morning all,
      Just joined the group.
      I am in Scotland

      Have been without a bike for 6 months now and although I wanted a Triumph didn't want a brand new one or a old one, but love the look of the TBS which I have decided on.

      Just looking on any advise when buying, what to look out for that sort of thing.
      Think I have narrowed it down to a 98 or 99, Love the up swept pipes and alloy wheels.
      I have seen one on the internet for £3900 with 18k miles?

      Thanks for taking the time to reply.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic