14926Re: [T TBS R] Terrible MPG

  • L WASDYKE
    Sep 7, 2013
      Had a flash back,  the biggest problem I had with removing the center spark plug was seal of the valve cover gasket.  The seal was snug against the outer wall of the socket.  I wound up applying a little silicone spray to the socket avoiding getting into the socket drive area.
      From: James Tennier <tennier@...>
      To: "triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com" <triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, September 6, 2013 12:44 PM
      Subject: Re: [T TBS R] Terrible MPG

      The middle spark? You mean you want to change that one too?
      Ugh.
      It's been a while but I recall using the Triumph tube like plug wrench with a ratchet and socket from the toolbox to get to it. (Might have been a box wrench in the mix too, as well as a wobbly in too. I used a set of E-3s and was quite happy with them once I found the correct plug number via email from their customer service. THE CAVEAT:  ALWAYS APPLY NEVER SEEZE TO THE THREADS AND REMEMBER YOU ARE SCREWING STEEL INTO AN ALUMINUM HEAD/ THREADS. USE CAUTION! Heads are expensive to pull, and repair-replace... Less torque is plenty.