14281Re: Chain and Sprockets

  • mikepadgett2002
    Oct 5, 2011
      Peter:

      I installed an RK 530x114 X-Ring Chain (P/N 2405-162) on my '98 TBS in July, 2010. Been very happy with it.

      After taking delivery of the RK chain and comparing with the one a Triumph dealer installed about 10,000 miles prior, I noticed a distinct difference in the size of the side plates of the 2 chains. The side plates of the chain the Triumph dealer installed were smaller although the chain specs were the same. The chain which the dealer installed stretched over the course of 10,000 miles to the point that it wasn't usable. I assumed it was OEM.

      I got the RK chain from www.oldbikebarn.com at a cost of $120.95.

      Make sure you have a chain tool to install it.

      -Mike P.

      --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, petermholmes <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > What are you guys using for chains and sprockets these days and where are you getting them from?
      >
      > The yellow beast needs a new set and the guy who's doing it (local Honda dealer...good man though...still has a John Player Norton mounted on his overhead shelf) can't find anything other than Triumph OE.

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic