      From: TERRY GINN ADVERTISING
      To: triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2011 9:30 PM
      Subject: Re: [T TBS R] Diagnosis?

      I have a 2001 Adventurer and for years I shut off my fuel every time I stop.
      Been a habit on many bikes since I started riding in the late 70's.

      If you think it is floats and needles and you do not wish to tear down carbs.
      I have used a 'turkey baster" and filled my carbs with seafoam over night. I
      have done this twice in the past 3 years. Made a slight difference after 4
      months of sitting idle.

      I did have to replace my igniter (not cheap, went with after market) in 2009.
      Road to Myrtle beach, could not figure out why I had lost a cylinder.
      Although on two these bikes still have power amazingly enough.

      There are many articles on how to check your coils, wires and igniter.

      My two cents...

      Best of luck.

      Terry Ginn
      Kent, Ohio