12405Re: [T TBS R] top speeds?

  • Guy
    Jan 21, 2008
      AS FAR AS LONG DISTANCE HI SPEED RUNNING, these bikes are built
      mostly for those euro autobahn/autostradas and whatever they call
      them over there.
      I've traveled over 300 miles at around 85 -115 the whole ride only
      stopping every 100 miles for gatoreade, gas,and body functions.
      THESE MOTORS ARE OVERBUILT AND UNDERUTILIZED.
      just like the old UJMS of the late 70" to 90's before they became
      specialized machine.

      Guy

      --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "whirling
      person" <dj_bebop@...> wrote:

      > --- In triumphthunderbirdsportriders@yahoogroups.com, "David"
      > <moulin6801@> wrote:
      > >
      > > 100-120 mph correct!? NOT km/h !?? It is hard to believe...
      What
      > > are the RPM when given 110mph + on this bike?? I guess I am just
      > > not riding on bikes that keeping hight RPM is ok.
      > > Thanks
      > > David
      > >

      > David- I've got an 03 with TORs, but otherwise stock. I'm usually
      > only around 6-7k in 5th breaking 100mph. The powerband is at like
      > 7200 (iirc?) on these bikes, thats very much ok. :)
      >
      > I've pushed it to 115 and the bike has lots more in it I can tell,
      no
      > problem. The mountain roads in Western Washington give you lots of
      > places to open it up, and lean over in a long turn at 95+, and when
      > you come out of those. . . yeah. . .keep your chest on the tank when
      > you open her up. ;)
      >

      > Man, I can't wait for spring.
      >

      > > > These are great bikes for the long haul at higher speeds....
      100-
      > > 115 with no strain on the engine... depending upon your set up...
      IE
      > > Windshield, Saddle bags 115-120 the ride may be a bit unstable
      as
      > > the wind eddies around the bike...
      > > >
      > > > Jetted and clean (not wind shield or bags; wind screen)
      She'll
      > > top 140... but I do not recommend it unless you are a very
      > > experienced rider... pot holes, rocks,crap on the road can take
      you
      > > down quicker than....
      > > >
      > > > Look for a few bike events in your area and if they are held
      at
      > > a track... It can be an a amazing ride on a a race way... Bring
      > > the proper gear (or purchase while you are there), there are a
      few
      > > that offer lessons for sport riders; beginners, experience,
      > > advanced...
      > > >
      > > > back to the basics 85-100 these bikes will run fine... The
      TBS
      > > (6 speed) will run at a slightly lower RPM than the Adventurer (5
      > > speed).... Note: I do not recommend riding distances over 100...
      our