12361Re: [T TBS R] top speeds?

  • David
    Jan 2, 2008
      100-120 mph correct!? NOT km/h !?? It is hard to believe... What
      are the RPM when given 110mph + on this bike?? I guess I am just
      not riding on bikes that keeping hight RPM is ok.
      Thanks
      David

      > These are great bikes for the long haul at higher speeds.... 100-
      115 with no strain on the engine... depending upon your set up... IE
      Windshield, Saddle bags 115-120 the ride may be a bit unstable as
      the wind eddies around the bike...

      > Jetted and clean (not wind shield or bags; wind screen) She'll
      top 140... but I do not recommend it unless you are a very
      experienced rider... pot holes, rocks,crap on the road can take you
      down quicker than....

      > Look for a few bike events in your area and if they are held at
      a track... It can be an a amazing ride on a a race way... Bring
      the proper gear (or purchase while you are there), there are a few
      that offer lessons for sport riders; beginners, experience,
      advanced...

      > back to the basics 85-100 these bikes will run fine... The TBS
      (6 speed) will run at a slightly lower RPM than the Adventurer (5
      speed).... Note: I do not recommend riding distances over 100... our
      road ways have to much crap on them in the US.... Now if you are
      traveling out west....

      > Taking a riders course local; I highly recommend, from the
      beginners to intermediate... Our bikes have a higher center, if you
      can master the curves (at slower speeds) on a tripple....