12360Re: [T TBS R] top speeds?

  • TERRY GINN ADVERTISING
    Jan 2, 2008
      These are great bikes for the long haul at higher speeds.... 100-115 with no strain on the engine... depending upon your set up... IE Windshield, Saddle bags 115-120 the ride may be a bit unstable as the wind eddies around the bike...

      Jetted and clean (not wind shield or bags; wind screen) She'll top 140... but I do not recommend it unless you are a very experienced rider... pot holes, rocks,crap on the road can take you down quicker than....

      Look for a few bike events in your area and if they are held at a track... It can be an a amazing ride on a a race way... Bring the proper gear (or purchase while you are there), there are a few that offer lessons for sport riders; beginners, experience, advanced...

      back to the basics 85-100 these bikes will run fine... The TBS (6 speed) will run at a slightly lower RPM than the Adventurer (5 speed).... Note: I do not recommend riding distances over 100... our road ways have to much crap on them in the US.... Now if you are traveling out west....

      Taking a riders course local; I highly recommend, from the beginners to intermediate... Our bikes have a higher center, if you can master the curves (at slower speeds) on a tripple....

      Have a great New Year!

      Terry Ginn
      2001 Adventurer
      Kent, Ohio

      Bill Bill <atlantajaguarfan@...> wrote:
      I've done 110 mph but don't tell my wife