10706Re: [T TBS R] Message to Peterholmes

  • Mick Johnson
    Apr 1 7:21 AM
      Hi Richard

      Thanks for the tip, although I don,t think I will try for waranty.

      Regards

      Dick

      Richard Fenner <rfenner@...> wrote:
      Hello Dick,

      Gill supplied a bad batch of OEM coils to Triumph some years back. A lot of
      these turned up on early TBS's and the occasional T-Bird.

      Triumph initially denied all knowledge of a problem, but there was so much
      mail on various chat groups that it became obvious the problem was real -
      and it was defective coils.

      I had it on my last TBS and, despite the fact that the bike was used when
      bought and well out of warranty, TMA replaced the defective coil FOC. Well
      done TMA!

      So, if yours is missing and suddenly won't run on all cylinders, check the
      coils first. There are three, bolted to the frame under the tank.

      Hope this helps?

      Cheers,

      Richard.
      98 TBS #2.