Re: Imagine this...

  • aharper_3
    Message 1 of 19992 , Aug 1, 2000
      Hey what is all this crap - the Bonneville when
      released in 1959 was the hottest thing on the road, in
      terms of performance and looks. it was not by any means
      a cruiser, the same for the sportster, basically
      the american equivalent being light and sporty
      compared to the other lumbering hogs. Only in the later
      years did either of them change to being lesser sports
      bikes as the competition overtook them in terms of
      horsepower. While the sportster has never found a place in my
      heart you have to give HD credit for persisting with
      them and changing the focus to suit the
      market.<br><br>Seems like the comparisons between the Harley and
      Triumph you are making are the same as were being passed
      around in the 1950's and 60's.<br><br>Lets hope that the
      next generation Bonnie is a success even if its not
      true to the original, its a bike and deserves a run.
      One might one day find a home in my garage when I am
      too old to hold on to clip ons, if they are good
      enough as I suspect they might be.
    • David Cohen
      Message 19992 of 19992 , Apr 29, 2005
        --- In triumphmotorcycleclub2@yahoogroups.com, "grandpaulz"
        <grandpaulz@h...> wrote:
        > I am totally fed up with Yahoo's lame new
        > interface and ever-changing next/previous
        > list scrolling idiocy.

        Just get over it, Paul. April fools doesn't happen again till next
        year.
        dc