Re: HELP! Impending Windscreen Purchase

  • barry.croft
    Message 1 of 19992 , May 1, 2000
      I have the Summer Screen on my 95
      Thunderbird.<br><br>It suits me. I'm 5'7" and the screen takes all the
      wind pressure off my body, yet leaves my head in clear
      air. It therefore allows much faster and more relaxed
      cruising, and also reduces fuel consumption at sustained
      high speed. <br><br>Weather protection isn't great of
      course, but it at least delays the onset of 'wet crotch
      syndrome' when it's pissing down. The aerodynamics aren't
      too bad either - when I first fitted it, it induced a
      slight weave on fast bends, but a few more PSI in the
      front tyre sorted that. <br><br>Fit and finish are
      great - it fits nicely around headlamp and indicators,
      and looks good. Brackets are high class. It's also
      quick to get on and off, so you can almost wait to see
      what the weather's gonna do today before deciding on
      or off. Just watch the clamps on the upper fork leg
      - if they go on and off a lot (as mine do) the
      chrome can get scratched. I'm also told that the screen
      will foul the standard (long) fork protectors, but
      that the shorter (Striple) items fit just
      fine.<br><br>Barry
    • David Cohen
      Message 19992 of 19992 , Apr 29, 2005
        --- In triumphmotorcycleclub2@yahoogroups.com, "grandpaulz"
        <grandpaulz@h...> wrote:
        > I am totally fed up with Yahoo's lame new
        > interface and ever-changing next/previous
        > list scrolling idiocy.

        Just get over it, Paul. April fools doesn't happen again till next
        year.
        dc