Re: dead bike, good dealer response stor

  • A3umph
    Message 1 of 19992 , Apr 1, 2000
      Started bike after work, running funny, made it 5
      fuel tap a couple of times. Mainly when I switch from
      main to reserve (if I don't catch the warning signs
      early enough) it doesn't want to change. I have to turn
      to prime and hold for a couple of minutes then
      restart the bike and turn to reserve. But once with over
      half a tank of gas it died the same way. After pulling
      to the side of the road cussing and having a smoke
      to calm down I tried the prime ritual and the bike
      fired right up. I never have liked those vacuum fuel
      taps, I think I can remember to shut of my fuel. Don't
      know if this will help but when you said it was
      running funny it reminded me of that one time. If it
      acted like it was out of gas check the tap. maybe.
    • David Cohen
      Message 19992 of 19992 , Apr 29, 2005
        --- In triumphmotorcycleclub2@yahoogroups.com, "grandpaulz"
        <grandpaulz@h...> wrote:
        > I am totally fed up with Yahoo's lame new
        > interface and ever-changing next/previous
        > list scrolling idiocy.

        Just get over it, Paul. April fools doesn't happen again till next
        year.
        dc