Re: EFI 2010 AMERICA THROTTLE

  • markh
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 9, 2010
      Just for the record my non fuel injected 2006 Scrambler has the same issue - a very touchy throttle. I have done all I can to try and tone it down with adjustments and even an O-ring at the grip but its still touchy especially when I short shift in the lower gears.

      --- In triumphmotorcycleclub2@yahoogroups.com, "john c" <gopedjohn@...> wrote:

      > thanks roy for the info this is the frist bike i have ever ridden that had fuel injection i am geting 46 miles to the gallon i was thinking about getting off road exhaust pipe but i dont want to loose the gas mileage
      >

      > --- In triumphmotorcycleclub2@yahoogroups.com, Roy Benjamin <rbbnjmn@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The snatchy throttle you're describing is a common comment about Fuel Injected
      > > bikes. The Sport Bike
      > > people have been dealing with it for years. There are ways to cure the problem
      > > but I'm guessing the dealer
      > > can't help you. You can buy software to re-tune your ECU, but may not like the
      > > result. I bought a different
      > > throttle tube for my Tiger 1050 that cured my problem, it is machined with a
      > > different eccentric so that the
      > > cable is pulled less for the same throttle movement at low throttle positions.
      > > I don't think it's available for
      > > your bike though. You can change your own tube's eccentric with a dremel tool
      > > though. btw: got a Bonneville
      > > SE as a loaner a month or so ago, smoothest EFI I've ever felt, better than
      > > carburetors. So it can be done.
      > > Roy

    • john c
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 13, 2010
        I install the the triumph off road exhaust pipes it's now a lot better a lot smoother in the the lower gears in slow traffic