EFI 2010 AMERICA THROTTLE

  • john c
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010
      I HAVE THE 2010 AMERICA FUEL INJECTION WHEN YOUR IN LOW OR 2ND GEAR THE THROTTLE IS VARY TOUCHY VARY HARD TO RIDE IN SLOW TRAFFIC GIVE YOU A PRETTY GOOD JERK WHEN SHIFTING FROM LOW TO 2ND AND WHEN YOUR IN 2ND GEAR ONLY IN SLOW TRAFFIC GOIN ON AND OFF THE THROTTLE IT'S JERKEY ANYBODY ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM OR IS THIS THE WAY THE BIKE IS I MIGHT BE TAKING IT BACK TO THE DEALER TO SEE WHAT THEY SAY? ALSO I HAVE BEEN USING LOW TEST GAS DOSE ANYBODY ELSE USE LOW OR HIGHT OCTANE ON THE EFI MODLES WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS ON THIS MATTER BEFORE I TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALER THANKS
    • Roy Benjamin
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010
        The snatchy throttle you're describing is a common comment about Fuel Injected
        bikes. The Sport Bike
        people have been dealing with it for years. There are ways to cure the problem
        but I'm guessing the dealer
        can't help you. You can buy software to re-tune your ECU, but may not like the
        result. I bought a different
        throttle tube for my Tiger 1050 that cured my problem, it is machined with a
        different eccentric so that the
        cable is pulled less for the same throttle movement at low throttle positions.
        I don't think it's available for
        your bike though. You can change your own tube's eccentric with a dremel tool
        though. btw: got a Bonneville
        SE as a loaner a month or so ago, smoothest EFI I've ever felt, better than
        carburetors. So it can be done.
        Roy

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010
          > got a Bonneville SE as a loaner a month or so ago, smoothest
          > EFI I've ever felt, better than carburetors.

          Test rode one this summer and agree wholeheartedly. What a great job they did on that bike!
        • john c
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2010
            thanks roy for the info this is the frist bike i have ever ridden that had fuel injection i am geting 46 miles to the gallon i was thinking about getting off road exhaust pipe but i dont want to loose the gas mileage

            --- In triumphmotorcycleclub2@yahoogroups.com, Roy Benjamin <rbbnjmn@...> wrote:

            > The snatchy throttle you're describing is a common comment about Fuel Injected
            > bikes. The Sport Bike
            > people have been dealing with it for years. There are ways to cure the problem
            > but I'm guessing the dealer
            > can't help you. You can buy software to re-tune your ECU, but may not like the
            > result. I bought a different
            > throttle tube for my Tiger 1050 that cured my problem, it is machined with a
            > different eccentric so that the
            > cable is pulled less for the same throttle movement at low throttle positions.
            > I don't think it's available for
            > your bike though. You can change your own tube's eccentric with a dremel tool
            > though. btw: got a Bonneville
            > SE as a loaner a month or so ago, smoothest EFI I've ever felt, better than
            > carburetors. So it can be done.
            > Roy

          • markh
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 9, 2010
              Just for the record my non fuel injected 2006 Scrambler has the same issue - a very touchy throttle. I have done all I can to try and tone it down with adjustments and even an O-ring at the grip but its still touchy especially when I short shift in the lower gears.

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 13, 2010
                I install the the triumph off road exhaust pipes it's now a lot better a lot smoother in the the lower gears in slow traffic