  • Walter Sherman
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2009
      does anyone know of a online repair manual for 96 sprint 900
      this little jem is a pain in the xxx to work on it is so contrary it scares i  me just decently had triumph dealer refuse to put helicoil in to fix broken sparkplug threads ..said it was too complex/costly..
      tried to undo motor mounts my self only for motor to hang there unmovable ..i am full blooded English and i know when to give ..my sprint though is a tough little bird ..no dealer within 150miles wants to work on this bike not even the sport bike shop i work for..if anyone has any ideas i am open to anything to keep my beloved sprint on the road..
      Walt..

    • Knobdoodle
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2009
        does anyone know of a online repair manual for 96 sprint 900
        this little jem is a pain in the xxx to work on it is so contrary it scares
        i me just decently had triumph dealer refuse to put helicoil in to fix
        broken sparkplug threads ..said it was too complex/costly..
        tried to undo motor mounts my self only for motor to hang there unmovable
        .i am full blooded English and i know when to give ..my sprint though is a
        tough little bird ..no dealer within 150miles wants to work on this bike not
        even the sport bike shop i work for..if anyone has any ideas i am open to
        anything to keep my beloved sprint on the road..
        Walt..
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
        Walt,
        the T3 Sport and Touring forum at Triumphrat.net is probably the best place
        to ask for this kind of advice.
        http://www.triumphrat.net/t3-sport-touring-forum/

        I've had the head off my '98 Sprint but never the engine out. I'd imagine
        the head-off would be more likely what you're after here though. (assuming
        the spark-plug thread is your only problem).
        If you do behead it make sure you don't disturb the liners (or turn the
        crank) or you'll have to reseal them at the base (Silicone Blue).
        Feel free to contact me direct if you want.
        Cheers .... Clem