Bike Bandit

  • John
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
      I am wondering what success you guys have with Bike Bandit? I have
      placed three orders in the past year. All three I had to cancel
      because after 2-3 weeks, they were not sending me parts.

      Is this typical? I would like to use Bike Bandit and just wonder what
      types of success you guys may have.

      John
    • David
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
        John,

        I have been using Bike Bandit for over 7 years, at first for parts for
        my Yamahas as they didn't have Triumph parts at first. When they started
        selling Triumph parts (maybe 3 or 4 years ago) I started ordering some
        parts for my Triumphs as well. In all the orders I have made, I have not
        had one problem, with the exception of a bad battery for my Adventurer,
        and they sent me a new one within a week.

        Factory Triumph parts take longer to get, and it is even stated as such
        on the website so I guess it's just a matter of patience, but I have
        received every part I have ordered from them.

        Dave
        --- In triumphmotorcycleclub2@yahoogroups.com, "John"
        <arkansas_john21@...> wrote:

        > I am wondering what success you guys have with Bike Bandit? I have
        > placed three orders in the past year. All three I had to cancel
        > because after 2-3 weeks, they were not sending me parts.
        >
        > Is this typical? I would like to use Bike Bandit and just wonder what
        > types of success you guys may have.
        >
        > John

      • Pete Grebus
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
          I believe you can get a 10% discount if you're an AMA member.

          Pete

          On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 5:47 AM, David <manfromtriumph@...> wrote:

          > John,
          >
          > I have been using Bike Bandit for over 7 years, at first for parts for
          > my Yamahas as they didn't have Triumph parts at first. When they started
          > selling Triumph parts (maybe 3 or 4 years ago) I started ordering some
          > parts for my Triumphs as well. In all the orders I have made, I have not
          > had one problem, with the exception of a bad battery for my Adventurer,
          > and they sent me a new one within a week.
          >
          > Factory Triumph parts take longer to get, and it is even stated as such
          > on the website so I guess it's just a matter of patience, but I have
          > received every part I have ordered from them.
          >
          > Dave
          > --- In triumphmotorcycleclub2@yahoogroups.com<triumphmotorcycleclub2%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > "John"
          >
          > <arkansas_john21@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I am wondering what success you guys have with Bike Bandit? I have
          > > placed three orders in the past year. All three I had to cancel
          > > because after 2-3 weeks, they were not sending me parts.
          > >
          > > Is this typical? I would like to use Bike Bandit and just wonder what
          > > types of success you guys may have.
          > >
          > > John

        • David
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
            That is correct Pete, I almost forgot about that.

            I don't know guys, maybe they like me more than you. I have never had an
            order take so long that they canceled it, even with the Triumph parts.
            The worst wait I have ever had was for the center stand for my Thruxton,
            and that was through my dealer. But that was when they first released
            the "Thruxton only" stand, and it was on back order everywhere.

            Dave
            --- In triumphmotorcycleclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Pete Grebus"
            <pgrebus@...> wrote:

            > I believe you can get a 10% discount if you're an AMA member.
            >
            > Pete
            >
            > On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 5:47 AM, David manfromtriumph@... wrote:
            >

            > > John,
            > >
            > > I have been using Bike Bandit for over 7 years, at first for parts
            for
            > > my Yamahas as they didn't have Triumph parts at first. When they
            started
            > > selling Triumph parts (maybe 3 or 4 years ago) I started ordering
            some
            > > parts for my Triumphs as well. In all the orders I have made, I have
            not
            > > had one problem, with the exception of a bad battery for my
            Adventurer,
            > > and they sent me a new one within a week.
            > >
            > > Factory Triumph parts take longer to get, and it is even stated as
            such
            > > on the website so I guess it's just a matter of patience, but I have
            > > received every part I have ordered from them.
            > >
            > > Dave
            > > --- In
            triumphmotorcycleclub2@yahoogroups.com<triumphmotorcycleclub2%40yahoogro\
            ups.com>,
            > > "John"
            > >
            > > arkansas_john21@ wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I am wondering what success you guys have with Bike Bandit? I have
            > > > placed three orders in the past year. All three I had to cancel
            > > > because after 2-3 weeks, they were not sending me parts.
            > > >
            > > > Is this typical? I would like to use Bike Bandit and just wonder
            what
            > > > types of success you guys may have.
            > > >
            > > > John

          • John
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2008
              If I take all the message replies towards Bike Bandit, there are some
              plus's and minus's. The plus is the ability to look up on the sight
              to see what the name of the part is a person needs. The part numbers
              won't work at a Triumph dealer, but the names will.

              The big minus is that there is no feedback from Bike Bandit. All
              they will say is that your part is on back order. A person just has
              to wait and wait and hope the part shows up. I just don't like to
              sit and have to "hope I get a part" when I could be riding!!

              The BIG plus is support to the local dealer. I do find that when I
              place an order thru my local dealer (Donnelsons), I can call and find
              out exactly what is going on. They don't try to lead me off in the
              never-never land of "the factory is not responding".

              Also, from a dealer is support with any part. If I can't exactly
              figure out how to install the part, I can talk to a tech at
              Donnelsons. Not so at Bike Bandit.

              I am sure Randy Baxter is just as good. I have heard very good
              results from Mitch Klemp in Minnesota. Plus, I had extremely good
              service from the dealer (Performance Cycle) when I lived in Tucson.

              I guess I am saying I do not mind the extra 10% a dealer charges. I
              was pretty fed up with ordering Triumph parts thru Bike Bandit
              anyway. I just wanted to see if others had the same problems as I
              do.

              Donnelsons has free shipping over $100. Seems bike parts are so
              expensive anyway that about any order is easily over $100.

              The longest I ever waiting for any part from Donnelsons was 10 days.
              That is the longest. Most parts ordered on Monday are at my house
              Wednesday afternoon by UPS. Since these new Triumphs require very
              few parts (unless you crash them) tons of parts are not required.

              This is all just my opinion...........John

              --- In triumphmotorcycleclub2@yahoogroups.com, "David"