triumph sprint 855 st

  • rachaelleake
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2008
      can any one tell me the valve clearance for inlet & exit exhaust and
      how much coolant and oil it needs, its my mates and we are a bit
      stuck. i have the proper manual for my daytona t595 but it doesn't
      help with this bike please help many thanks rachael.
    • michael95453
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2008
        Well, it depends on what your friend's Triumph is. I've heard of a
        Sprint 955 ST, and I've heard of a Sprint 885 Sport, but I've not heard
        of a Sprint 855 st. What year is it?
      • Jose B. Nunez
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2008
          Can Anyone recommend the best way to clean my exhaust pipes
          (stainless steel) and tips on how to properly wash/ clean my bike.

          I've been having a professional clean it - but I would like to start
          cleaning it myself.

          Thanks
          Jose
        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2008
            I use automotive soap. Light pressure with the hose, spray gently.
            Then I use my leaf blower to dry my bike .. works great. On the chrome
            and bits, I use a chrome cleaner. Just read the label, I think they
            are safe for stainless steel too. Mother's Back to Black for the black
            bits, frame, hoses, etc. Car wax for the painted surfaces. I use a
            plexiglass cleaner for my windscreen and helmet.

            > I've been having a professional clean it - but I would like to start
            > cleaning it myself.
            >
            > Thanks
            > Jose

          • Ron Licciardi
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3, 2008
              use pledge furniture polish on the helmet and face shield ,,, it is easy to clean afterwards and builds a layer that is much easier to wipe of after

              on the plastic use 210 plastic polish ,,, its an aircraft cleaning product ,,works great ,,, wax the bike with colinites insulator wax ,, you will never buy another wax again