Daytona 900 - stops when hot

  • wasa5948
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2008
      New to this group (in UK) - have a 1995 Daytona 900 which starts
      immediately and runs beautifully until it gets warm then just starts to
      misfire and stops soon afterwards - is this likely to be the ignitor
      (black box under seat)? or can anyone else advise please? - If it is
      ignitor does anyone know where I might get one without paying silly
      money?
      Many thanks
      Will
    • Knobdoodle
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2008
        > New to this group (in UK) - have a 1995 Daytona 900 which starts
        > immediately and runs beautifully until it gets warm then just starts to
        > misfire and stops soon afterwards - is this likely to be the ignitor
        > (black box under seat)? or can anyone else advise please? - If it is
        > ignitor does anyone know where I might get one without paying silly
        > money?
        > Many thanks
        > Will

        Not the box under the seat but the pick-up at the right end of the crank
        (behind the little cover).
        Cost me about $50 and you need a torx-key (or a grinder and an Allen-key) to
        remove it.
        Good luck,
        Clem
      • Knobdoodle
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2008
          Item 5 on this schematic
          http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/showschematic/m6890sch512818

          Bikebandit says $71 US so Jack Lilley shouldn't charge more than £30.
          Cheers .... Clem

          >> New to this group (in UK) - have a 1995 Daytona 900 which starts
          >> immediately and runs beautifully until it gets warm then just starts to
          >> misfire and stops soon afterwards - is this likely to be the ignitor
          >> (black box under seat)? or can anyone else advise please? - If it is
          >> ignitor does anyone know where I might get one without paying silly
          >> money?
          >> Many thanks
          >> Will
          >>
          > Not the box under the seat but the pick-up at the right end of the crank
          > (behind the little cover).
          > Cost me about $50 and you need a torx-key (or a grinder and an Allen-key)
          > remove it.
          > Good luck,
          > Clem

        • Mitch Perry
          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2008
            Welcome to the group, I thought all your money in the
            UK was silly money :)

            yes. I have nothing of value to add to your question.

            Mitch
            --- wasa5948 <wasaston@...> wrote:
            New to this group (in UK).........where I might get
            one without paying silly money?

            Be a better friend, newshound, and
          • Knobdoodle
            Message 5 of 10 , May 1, 2008
              Guinea, farthing, penny, thripence, ha'penny.... you may have a point
              Mitch!
              --
              Clem

              > Welcome to the group, I thought all your money in the
              > UK was silly money :)
              >

              > yes. I have nothing of value to add to your question.
              >
              > Mitch
              > --- wasa5948 <wasaston@...> wrote:
              > New to this group (in UK).........where I might get
              > one without paying silly money?

            • Gus Veness
              Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2008
                with the current value of the USD, I wonder who really has the silly money....................

                Knobdoodle <knobdoodle@...> wrote: Guinea, farthing, penny, thripence, ha'penny.... you may have a point
                Mitch!
                --
                Clem

                Message 7 of 10 , May 1, 2008
                  It's still ahead of Oz.
                  Back in the 60s and early 70s the Australian dollar was worth about
                  1-and-a-half greenbacks but we then dropped lower than 60c.
                  The current 93c(ish) is a boom for us!
                  --
                  Clem

                  > with the current value of the USD, I wonder who really has the silly
                  > money....................
                  >
                  > Knobdoodle <knobdoodle@...> wrote: Guinea, farthing,
                  > penny, thripence, ha'penny.... you may have a point
                  > Mitch!
                  > --
                  > Clem

                • petermholmes
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 2, 2008
                    > with the current value of the USD, I wonder who really
                    > has the silly money....................

                    That's why your bikes are Triumphs and our bikes are Hardly Ablesons. ;)
                  • sam
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 2, 2008
                      --- In triumphmotorcycleclub2@yahoogroups.com, "wasa5948" <wasaston@...> wrote:

                      > New to this group (in UK) - have a 1995 Daytona 900 which starts
                      > immediately and runs beautifully until it gets warm then just starts to
                      > misfire and stops soon afterwards - is this likely to be the ignitor
                      > (black box under seat)? or can anyone else advise please? - If it is
                      > ignitor does anyone know where I might get one without paying silly
                      > money?
                      > Many thanks
                      > Will

                      I had the same problem on a 98 sprint executive. it was a cracked vacuum hose on the left
                      side of bike. it was near the fuel cutoff switch. hope that helps
                    • petermholmes
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 2, 2008
                        > Item 5 on this schematic

                        http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/showschematic/m6890sch512818

                        If you want to check it yourself, the resistance of the pickup should
                        be 530 ohms +/- 10%.