what's this bike?

  • dekamidd
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2007
      Sending a pic of my first Triumph. Look in my album under Dekamidds
      bikes (pgs 33-48) pic #12. Anyone know model and year?
    • David
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2007
        Looks like an early 1960's Twenty-one (350) with full bath-tub weather
        protection.

        Dave
        --- In triumphmotorcycleclub2@yahoogroups.com, "dekamidd" <dekamidd@...>
        wrote:

        > Sending a pic of my first Triumph. Look in my album under Dekamidds
        > bikes (pgs 33-48) pic #12. Anyone know model and year?

      • Dennis watson
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2007
          It's not clear from the picture but I think it is a 1957 Speedtwin. It
          looks a dark colour and Maroon was popular for the 500's it also looks
          like a distributor model and I think they changed about '58 -'59. the
          name badge on the bathtub also looks to long to be the 5TA. I had a 58
          3TA with the same bodywork in light blue.
          Dennis

          <dekamidd@...> wrote:

          > Sending a pic of my first Triumph. Look in my album under Dekamidds
          > bikes (pgs 33-48) pic #12. Anyone know model and year?

        • timmed1127
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3, 2007
            <dekamidd@...> wrote:

            > Sending a pic of my first Triumph. Look in my album under Dekamidds
            > bikes (pgs 33-48) pic #12. Anyone know model and year?

            The "EGG CRATE" badge started in 57'-so if it's the original tank/badge-
            you know it's 57'-65' as the "eyebrow" badge started in 66' (we know it
            doesn't go that much into the 60's!) It should say "SpeedTwin" on the
            bathtub. Picture is too blurred though. Do you have a frame/engine #.
            Go to www.britishspares.com then go to "technical information"
            then "Triumph" this site has the serial # and year that you can
            search. If it's a matching #/original bike or restored correctly-It's a
            rare bike. It's hard to find a bathtub bike ouside of Europe these
            days.