Re: [Triumph Motorcycle club] sprint vs vfr

  • Spanky
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
      I considered a VFR. In fact I set out to buy one, until I came upon the
      Sprint. I love my Sprint. Bought it at the beginning of Feb '07 and it is
      ready for its 6,000 mile service in a couple of weeks.

      On 5/24/07, Greg <googus2002@...> wrote:

      > My thoughts also.
      > Greg
      >
      > --- kltt5 <kltt5@... <kltt5%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
      >
      > > I choose the sprint over the vfr because it was a
      > > better deal and
      > > certainly a better bike. The vfr is a nice bike but
      > > I wanted something
      > > different than your standard japanese bike...I love
      > > the smooth power on
      > > this bike no matter where the tach is you always
      > > have enough on hand..
      > > well I wanted to put my 2 cents in anyways... so
      > > good luck with those
      > > of you that purchased the sprint...

    • Greg
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
        Nice. I bought mine about 2 months ago and have about
        2500. I am on vacation next week so I am trying to put
        a ride together for some more great miles.
        greg

        __________________________________________________________Building
        > > website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business
        > gives you all the tools to
        > > get online.
        > > http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting

        > removed]

        http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/
      • Spanky
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
          Does anyone else notice that the fuel consumption reported by the trip
          computer is wildly optimistic? I get 40 mpg on average. The computer
          consistently reports 47 mpg.

        • pgilb22436@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
            I never go by those computers. Same reason why I don't go by that computer
            to tell me how many miles I have till empty. Maybe it's the old
            time-speed-distance routine that was hammered into me in pilot training but for each bike
            I own and have owned, I experiment with it by adding miles before each
            fill-up to see how many miles I can get before I need to start sweating running
            dry. For my Sprint, I can get 190 before I start looking for a gas station. My
            mileage is consistently around 40 for normal riding which means I could
            probably see better if I could keep it close to the speed limit.

            Paul

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
              In a message dated 6/1/2007 6:12:40 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
              pgilb22436@... writes:

              I never go by those computers. Same reason why I don't go by that computer
              to tell me how many miles I have till empty. Maybe it's the old
              time-speed-distance routine that was hammered into me in pilot training but
              for each bike

              You must have gone through pilot training back when the Stearman was the
              basic trainer.

            • Spanky
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
                My mileage is consistently around 40 for normal riding which means I could
                probably see better if I could keep it close to the speed limit.

                Same here... it is just to fun to ride fast on it.

              • pgilb22436@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
                  In a message dated 6/1/2007 8:26:40 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
                  brillooo@... writes:

                  You must have gone through pilot training back when the Stearman was the
                  basic trainer.

                  Actually, no. I started flight training in 1989 but they still taught the
                  basics