Lone Kauri Rd

  • David Cohen
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
      Sorry OT because it's on my Buell rather than the T'bird, but some of
      you might enjoy this ride.

      Lone Kauri rd is 40k's west of my place in Auckland.
      It's a 15km loop off the main rd to the beach at Piha
      Went during peak hr so its a bit busier tha normal but I sometimes a
      quiet afternoon finds me through here.

      http://www.davidcohen.co.nz/loner/loner.html
      ;-)

      dc
    • snslawr
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
        Looks like a great ride on ANY bike! Kinda like a "Deal's Gap in
        paradise" (without all the looney squids, geriatric tourists, lost
        truckers and cops who haven't made quota gumming things up).

        --- In triumphmotorcycleclub2@yahoogroups.com, "David Cohen"
        <dmcohen@...> wrote:

        > Sorry OT because it's on my Buell rather than the T'bird, but some of
        > you might enjoy this ride.
        >
        > Lone Kauri rd is 40k's west of my place in Auckland.
        > It's a 15km loop off the main rd to the beach at Piha
        > Went during peak hr so its a bit busier tha normal but I sometimes a
        > quiet afternoon finds me through here.
        >
        > http://www.davidcohen.co.nz/loner/loner.html
        > ;-)
        >
        > dc

      • Richard Hacker
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
          Great video but looks like you're riding on the wrong side of the road!
          :-)

          > Sorry OT because it's on my Buell rather than the T'bird, but some of
          > you might enjoy this ride.
          >
          > Lone Kauri rd is 40k's west of my place in Auckland.
          > It's a 15km loop off the main rd to the beach at Piha
          > Went during peak hr so its a bit busier tha normal but I sometimes a
          > quiet afternoon finds me through here.
          >
          > http://www.davidcohen.co.nz/loner/loner.html
          > ;-)
          >
          > dc

        • petermholmes
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
            > http://www.davidcohen.co.nz/loner/loner.html

            Ok, ok...UNCLE! You guys accepting immigrants? ;)
          • Alec Gore
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
              DC is an immigrant! ;0)

              But the answer is yes, if you have the right skill set or bank
              account, which probably counts most of us out :-(

              Regards

              Alec

            • theukmctc
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
                Hi,
                well you gotta laugh, I toured there for six months in summer 06/07
                Kiwi summer that is Oct to March.Not many bikes out at all infact
                apart from the odd commutor we only saw maybe 20 bikes out and about.

                Went through there (the video) many roads like that in NZ, but mostly
                best run early morning when there's no-one around.

                We covered both North and South and have to say the best biker roads
                are in south island, with the exception of the coromandal peninsula
                on North Island.

                Great place to tour, its impossible to get lost, LOL, just keep
                turning left and you'll end up back where you started....LOL
                Wifes a Kiwi and we came back to see if she wanted to stay, but no
                we're back in scotland getting ready to set off on world tour again.
                No money or big bank account, pay as you go, stop work, save travel
                allthe way round and back to Edinburgh. This time a five year trip,
                so maybe will see you all out there.....

                Regards
                Trevor

                (UK)Motorcycle Tour Club

                --- In triumphmotorcycleclub2@yahoogroups.com, "Alec Gore" <e-